General Standard Disclosures: Organizational Profile
Report the primary brands, products, and services
We are one of the world’s premier global advertising and marketing services companies. Through our 50,100 employees in all major world markets, our companies specialize in consumer advertising, digital marketing, communications planning and media buying, public relations and specialized communications disciplines. Our agencies create customized marketing programs for clients that range in scale from large global marketers to regional and local clients. Comprehensive global services are critical to effectively serve our multinational and local clients in markets throughout the world as they seek to build brands, increase sales of their products and services, and gain market share.
The work we produce for our clients is specific to their unique needs. Our solutions vary from project-based activity involving one agency to long-term, fully integrated campaigns created by multiple IPG agencies working together. With offices in over 100 countries, we can operate in a single region or deliver global integrated programs.
The role of our holding company is to provide resources and support to ensure that our agencies can best meet clients’ needs. Based in New York City, our holding company sets company-wide financial objectives and corporate strategy, establishes financial management and operational controls, guides personnel policy, directs collaborative inter-agency programs, conducts investor relations, manages corporate social responsibility programs, provides enterprise risk management and oversees mergers and acquisitions. In addition, we provide certain centralized functional services that offer our companies operational efficiencies, including accounting and finance, executive compensation management and recruitment assistance, employee benefits, marketing information retrieval and analysis, internal audit, legal services, real estate expertise and travel services.
Interpublic is home to some of the world’s best-known and most innovative communications specialists. We have three global networks: McCann Worldgroup, Foote, Cone & Belding ("FCB") and MullenLowe Group, which provide integrated, large-scale advertising and marketing solutions for clients. Our global media services companies include UM and Initiative, which operate under the IPG Mediabrands umbrella. We also have a range of best-in-class global specialized communications assets as well as premier domestic integrated and digital agencies that are industry leaders.
- McCann Worldgroup is a leading global marketing solutions network comprised of agencies that emphasize creativity, innovation and performance. McCann Erickson is one of the world's largest advertising agency networks; MRM//McCann conducts digital marketing and relationship management; Momentum oversees event marketing and promotion; McCann Health directs professional and consumer healthcare communications; and Craft Worldwide is the network's global adaptation and production arm. UM (media), Weber Shandwick (public relations) and FutureBrand (brand consulting) align with McCann Worldgroup to deliver fully integrated solutions.
- FCB is a global, fully integrated marketing communications company focused on changing consumer behavior for the benefit of their clients, colleagues and communities. With more than 8,000 people from 120 offices in 80 countries, the network brings a strong understanding of local markets and cultures while continuing a heritage of creativity and success dating from 1873. The company has its roots in both creative, brand-building consumer advertising and behavioral, data-driven direct marketing.
- MullenLowe Group is a creatively-driven integrated marketing communications network with a strong entrepreneurial heritage and challenger mentality. The network comprises a global creative boutique of distinctive diverse agencies, rich in local culture with both intimacy and scale, present in more than 65 markets with over 90 offices. With an integrated, hyperbundled operating model, MullenLowe Group consists of global brands including MullenLowe (full-service), MullenLowe Profero (integrated digital marketing), MullenLowe Mediahub (media and communications planning and buying) and MullenLowe Open (behavior-driven activation, customer relationship management (CRM) and shopper marketing). MullenLowe Group consistently ranks among the most-awarded creative and effective agency networks in the world.
- IPG Mediabrands makes investment decisions for tens of billions of dollars of client marketing budgets. Its global full-service media agencies, UM and Initiative, deliver business results by advising clients on how to navigate an increasinglycomplex and digital marketing landscape through integrated, intelligence-driven marketing strategies. Specialist brands within IPG Mediabrands focus on areas such as media innovation, media forecasting, the targeting and aggregation of audiences in the digital space, and a range of other capabilities, including mobile, search, data and analytics, branded content, programmatic, barter and out-of-home media.
- We also have exceptional global marketing specialists across a range of disciplines. Our industry-leading public relations agencies such as Weber Shandwick and Golin have expertise in every significant area of communication management. Jack Morton is a global brand experience agency, and FutureBrand is a leading brand consultancy. Octagon is a global sports, entertainment and lifestyle marketing agency. Our digital specialist agencies, led by R/GA, Huge and MRM//McCann, are among the industry's most award-winning digital agencies. Our premier healthcare communications specialists reside within our global creative networks.
- Our domestic integrated independent agencies include some of advertising's most recognizable and storied agency brands, including Carmichael Lynch, Deutsch, Hill Holliday and The Martin Agency. The marketing programs created by these agencies incorporate all media channels, CRM, public relations and other marketing activities and have helped build some of the most powerful brands in the U.S., across all sectors and industries.
- We list approximately 90 of our companies on our website under the "Our Agencies" section, with descriptions, case studies, social media channels and office locations for each. To learn more about our broad range of capabilities, visit our website at www.interpublic.com. Information on our website is not part of this report.