McCANN HEALTH SINGAPORE RELEASES NEW CAMPAIGN TO FIGHT CHILDHOOD OBESITY
McCann Health Singapore and the Singapore Wellness Association (SWA) have launched a new campaign to raise awareness of childhood obesity.
“Childhood obesity is a serious issue in Singapore, with 1 out of 10 school children weighing in as obese”, Sonia Ong, Director of SWA said. “The number of obese children in Singapore keeps rising. What’s more, studies show that 70% of obese children are likely to continue being obese in adulthood, putting them at greater risk of developing diabetes and heart disease.”
To tackle this problem, SWA partnered with McCann Health Singapore to produce a range of unique growth charts. Typically placed in a vertical manner to measure height, these charts are instead installed horizontally. This simple change in orientation draws parents’, teachers’ and pediatricians’ attention to childhood obesity and calls on them to join the fight against childhood obesity by encouraging children to lead a more active lifestyle.
“These horizontal growth charts help SWA deliver a serious health message to parents, in a simple and fun manner, reminding them to pay more attention to how their kids are growing and the consequences of a sedentary lifestyle,” said Alejandro Canciobello, Creative Director at McCann Health Singapore.
The growth charts have been placed in schools and pediatric clinics to motivate parents to look into programs that the SWA offers and to encourage children to participate in more physical activities.
- McCann Torre Lazur Acts on Suicide Prevention - Published on 11/21/2017
- IPG Volunteers Serve Meals to the Elderly - Published on 11/15/2017
- McCann Global Health Joins Clean Cooking Champions - Published on 11/15/2017
- FCB Ulka and Times of India Move from Division to Inclusivity - Published on 11/14/2017
- MullenLowe Helps Imagine an End to Alzheimer’s - Published on 11/10/2017
- Interpublic Receives Perfect Score on 2018 HRC Corporate Equality Index - Published on 11/09/2017
- Hill Holliday and Novartis Collaborate with Cyndi Lauper for World Psoriasis Day - Published on 11/07/2017
- The Martin Agency and Purina Raise Money for Rescue Horses - Published on 11/03/2017
- Cadreon Women’s Impact Hosts ‘The Need for Male Allies’ - Published on 11/02/2017
- McCann Health Works to Destigmatize Mental Health - Published on 10/20/2017