McCANN HEALTH SINGAPORE RELEASES NEW CAMPAIGN TO FIGHT CHILDHOOD OBESITY
McCann Health Singapore and the Singapore Wellness Association (SWA) have launched a new campaign to raise awareness of childhood obesity.
“Childhood obesity is a serious issue in Singapore, with 1 out of 10 school children weighing in as obese”, Sonia Ong, Director of SWA said. “The number of obese children in Singapore keeps rising. What’s more, studies show that 70% of obese children are likely to continue being obese in adulthood, putting them at greater risk of developing diabetes and heart disease.”
To tackle this problem, SWA partnered with McCann Health Singapore to produce a range of unique growth charts. Typically placed in a vertical manner to measure height, these charts are instead installed horizontally. This simple change in orientation draws parents’, teachers’ and pediatricians’ attention to childhood obesity and calls on them to join the fight against childhood obesity by encouraging children to lead a more active lifestyle.
“These horizontal growth charts help SWA deliver a serious health message to parents, in a simple and fun manner, reminding them to pay more attention to how their kids are growing and the consequences of a sedentary lifestyle,” said Alejandro Canciobello, Creative Director at McCann Health Singapore.
The growth charts have been placed in schools and pediatric clinics to motivate parents to look into programs that the SWA offers and to encourage children to participate in more physical activities.
- IPG Employees Volunteer at Food Bank for New York City - Published on 09/20/2017
- IPG Volunteers Host Summer Fair at Ronald McDonald House - Published on 09/20/2017
- McCann Lima Recognized for Promoting Non-Sexist Advertising - Published on 09/20/2017
- Coffee that Makes a Change, with Help from FCB Inferno, Now Available in Stores - Published on 09/19/2017
- IPG Agencies and Julius Meinl Prove the Power of Poetry - Published on 09/15/2017
- Genuine and Welch’s Focus on Brand’s Farmer Co-op Model - Published on 09/14/2017
- IPG Agencies Mark Literacy Day with the Re-Writing of a Classic - Published on 09/14/2017
- Jack Morton Chicago Takes Women off the Sidelines and into the Spotlight - Published on 09/01/2017
- Kasha Cacy Joins Fortune Mentoring Program - Published on 08/29/2017
- McCANN HEALTH SINGAPORE RELEASES NEW CAMPAIGN TO FIGHT CHILDHOOD OBESITY - Published on 08/29/2017