IPG Named Best Place to Work on 2016 HRC Corporate Equality Index
IPG once again received a perfect score of 100 percent on the 2016 Corporate Equality Index (CEI), a national benchmarking survey and report on corporate policies and practices related to LGBT workplace equality, administered by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation. In addition, IPG received the distinction of “Best Places to Work for LGBT Equality” by HRC. This marks the seventh year that IPG has received a perfect score.
“In today’s business environment, successful companies must be resolute about their commitment to diversity and inclusion,” commented Michael Roth, Chairman and CEO of IPG. “At IPG, we understand that an LGBT-inclusive workplace is key to providing a great place to work for ALL of our employees. Our D&I programming includes five business resource groups, all of which host educational and career-oriented events throughout the year, ensuring that employees across all dimensions of diversity are engaged and active at IPG, ” he continued.
The 2016 CEI rated 1,024 businesses in the report, which evaluates LGBT-related policies and practices including non-discrimination workplace protections, domestic partner benefits, transgender-inclusive health care benefits, competency programs, and public engagement with the LGBT community. IPG’s efforts in satisfying all of the CEI’s criteria results in a 100 percent ranking and the designation as a Best Place to Work for LGBT Equality. This year, 391 major U.S. businesses earned top marks.
The IPGLBT hosts networking events and programming throughout the year. Recent initiatives have included a program in celebration of Bisexual Awareness Week, IPGLBT’s first-ever luncheon that provided insights and best practices for marketing to the Bisexual community as well as “Spotlight,” a program for Pride Month that invited IPG agencies to display their exceptional creative work in the LGBT space.
Deena Fidas, HRC Foundation Workplace Equality Program Director said “In this 2016 Corporate Equality Index, hundreds of major businesses responded to our new standards for workplace equality with exceptional leadership. Interpublic not only meets these standards, it goes above and beyond the call of duty, making commitment to equality a fundamental aspect of its corporate values."
The IPGLBT is one of five business resource groups which also include the Asian Heritage Group, the Black Employee Network (BEN), SOMOS, the Hispanic/Latino Heritage Group and the Women’s Leadership Network (WLN).
For more information on the 2016 Corporate Equality Index, or to download a free copy of the report, visit www.hrc.org/cei.
- McCann XBC and Mastercard 'Start Something Priceless' - Published on 01/19/2018
- FCB/Six Creates Tool for LGBTQ+ Travelers - Published on 01/18/2018
- View the charity: water Journey - Published on 01/11/2018
- FCB New Zealand Stresses Importance of Smoke Alarms - Published on 01/11/2018
- Jack Morton Creates Fireworks Display to Celebrate Women’s Suffrage Centenary - Published on 01/05/2018
- New FCB Work for Air Canada Celebrates Diverse Values - Published on 01/05/2018
- IPG Partners with charity: water to Provide Clean Water Around the World - Published on 01/03/2018
- IPG Supports Military Families for the Holidays - Published on 01/02/2018
- Huge Works with Lyft to Create Merry Mode for a Good Cause - Published on 12/20/2017
- McCann Johannesburg and Johnnie Walker Stride for Good - Published on 12/19/2017