McCann’s FP7/Cairo and Unilever Support “I Am My Veil”
Ninety percent of Egyptian women are veiled. Their veil is solemn and important, carrying with it religious significance – it is also a key part of their identity as women and as individuals. But, despite being a majority, these women are often treated as a minority, even by brands; Egyptian brands do not show veiled women in their advertising.
As one of the leading voices in the region, McCann’s FP7/Cairo, along with client, Unilever, have launched an initiative called, “3ala rasy,” which means, “I Am My Veil,” to empower veiled women in Egypt. “I Am My Veil” is changing how veiled women see themselves, turning an icon of restriction into one of empowerment. To create this initiative, FP7 partnered with Facebook in Egypt and developed a film that has garnered 5.3 million views and become of the most watched and talked about pieces of content on social medial across Egypt.
- IPG Volunteers Serve Meals to the Elderly - Published on 11/15/2017
- McCann Global Health Joins Clean Cooking Champions - Published on 11/15/2017
- FCB Ulka and Times of India Move from Division to Inclusivity - Published on 11/14/2017
- MullenLowe Helps Imagine an End to Alzheimer’s - Published on 11/10/2017
- Interpublic Receives Perfect Score on 2018 HRC Corporate Equality Index - Published on 11/09/2017
- Hill Holliday and Novartis Collaborate with Cyndi Lauper for World Psoriasis Day - Published on 11/07/2017
- The Martin Agency and Purina Raise Money for Rescue Horses - Published on 11/03/2017
- Cadreon Women’s Impact Hosts ‘The Need for Male Allies’ - Published on 11/02/2017
- McCann Health Works to Destigmatize Mental Health - Published on 10/20/2017
- McCann Health & Afghan Ministry of Public Health Partner To Increase Childhood Vaccination Rates - Published on 10/19/2017