Jack Morton Chicago Takes Women off the Sidelines and into the Spotlight
In America, women make up nearly half of football’s 150 million fans and one-third of the audience for sports coverage. But when it comes to media coverage, their opinions are left on the sidelines. COVERGIRL believes “Girls Can” and aims to inspire women and young girls to succeed in areas where they are under-represented, including sports. Jack Morton Chicago saw a unique opportunity using the brand’s partnership with professional American football to help women and young girls break into a male-dominated field.
And with that, “Rantin’ and Raven,” the first-ever all-female football pregame show, was born. The program needed a strong voice to lead the charge so they engaged Lesley Visser—the first female football analyst and one of the most influential women in sports casting history. Lesley stood alongside 15 of the loudest, proudest female football fans around. On game day outside of the stadium, we went live in front of thousands of fans as our women talked football for hours leading up to the game, giving female football fans a voice louder than ever before.
With a single play, we increased the number of non-sideline reporters but even more important was the conversation it started — an outpouring of both positive and negative comments. Demonstrating that even though we saw a huge gain for women in sports, we still have many more yards to go.
- IPG Hosts Women’s Breakfast at CES - Published on 01/23/2018
- FCB/Six Creates Tool for LGBTQ+ Travelers - Published on 01/18/2018
- Jack Morton Creates Fireworks Display to Celebrate Women’s Suffrage Centenary - Published on 01/05/2018
- New FCB Work for Air Canada Celebrates Diverse Values - Published on 01/05/2018
- Holiday Spot From M:United/McCann and Microsoft Focuses on the Power of Kindness and Inclusion - Published on 12/12/2017
- FCB Ulka and Times of India Move from Division to Inclusivity - Published on 11/14/2017
- Interpublic Receives Perfect Score on 2018 HRC Corporate Equality Index - Published on 11/09/2017
- Cadreon Women’s Impact Hosts ‘The Need for Male Allies’ - Published on 11/02/2017
- Campbell Ewald Empowers a Culture of Deliberate Diversity - Published on 09/29/2017
- Deutsch is Part of Program to Employ People with Intellectual Disabilities - Published on 09/28/2017