- Interpublic Declares Common Stock Dividend Nov 14, 2017
- Interpublic Receives Perfect Score on 2018 HRC Corporate Equality Index Nov 09, 2017
- Interpublic Group to Present at the Wells Fargo 2017 Media & Telecom Conference Nov 02, 2017
- Interpublic Group to Present at the 2017 RBC Capital Markets' Technology, Internet, Media and Telecommunications Conference Nov 02, 2017
- Patrick Q. Moore Joins Interpublic Board of Directors Oct 27, 2017
- Interpublic Announces Third Quarter and First Nine Months 2017 Results Oct 24, 2017
- Interpublic Schedules Third Quarter 2017 Earnings Release Oct 05, 2017
- Interpublic Group to Present at the Goldman Sachs 26th Annual Communacopia Conference Sep 07, 2017
IPG Celebrates Asian Heritage Month
Asian American Media Influencers and Content Makers Discuss New Media
New York, NY - May 20, 2015 - Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG) and the company's Asian Heritage Group (AHG), announced today that in celebration of Asian American & Pacific Islander Heritage Month, several media industry leaders will participate as panelists at the company's event, “The Net Effect: Asian Americans as Content Makers.” The event, to be held this evening at FCB's New York headquarters, explores how Asian Pacific Americans (APAs) have helped define and shape the content of today's digital landscape, and how by doing so, they are redefining the perception of Asian Americans.
The panel, representing a cross-section of Asian American media influencers, will provide insights on how APAs utilize media platforms to shatter stereotypes and evolve their cultural identity in the 21st century. The panel will also discuss what's next for Asian Americans in the ever-shifting media landscape.
Ernabel Demillo, host of CUNY TV's Asian American Life will moderate the panel which includes: Betty Lo, VP, Community Alliances and Consumer Engagement, Nielsen; Amna Nawaz, Managing Editor, NBC News Asian America; Rich Tong, Founder and Creative Director, Fohr Card and Jeff Yang, Columnist, The Wall Street Journal Online.
“Like all of IPG's Business Resource Groups, the Asian Heritage Group hosts programs throughout the year that foster IPG's goal of being among the world's most diverse and inclusive companies,” commented Heide Gardner, SVP, Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer at IPG. “‘The Net Effect: Asian Americans as Content Makers’ covers an important topic for our company and our business and we are pleased that such a terrific array of panelists are able to join us for this event,” she continued.
To foster an inclusive work environment as well as to increase networking and business opportunities, IPG has activated cross-agency employee Business Resource Groups (BRGs) that, in addition to the Asian Heritage Group (AHG), also include the Black Employee Network (BEN), the Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Group, IPGLBT, SOMOS: Hispanic/Latino Heritage Group and the Women's Leadership Network (WLN).
# # #
Interpublic is one of the world's leading organizations of advertising agencies and marketing services companies. Major global brands include BPN, Craft, FCB (Foote, Cone & Belding), FutureBrand, Golin, Huge, Initiative, Jack Morton Worldwide, MAGNA GLOBAL, McCann, Momentum, MRM//McCann, Mullen Lowe Group, Octagon, R/GA, UM and Weber Shandwick. Leading domestic brands include Avrett Free Ginsberg, Carmichael Lynch, Deutsch, Hill Holliday, ID Media, and The Martin Agency. For more information, please visit www.interpublic.com.
# # #