- Interpublic Group to Present at the Goldman Sachs 26th Annual Communacopia Conference September 07, 2017
- Interpublic Declares Common Stock Dividend August 10, 2017
- IPG Presents 2017 Inclusion Awards August 03, 2017
- Interpublic Announces Second Quarter and First Half 2017 Results July 25, 2017
- Interpublic Schedules Second Quarter 2017 Earnings Release July 05, 2017
- E. Lee Wyatt Jr. Joins Interpublic Board of Directors June 30, 2017
- IPG Wins Top Honors at Cannes Festival of Creativity June 28, 2017
- IPG Hosts Global Women of Color Summit at Cannes Festival of Creativity June 20, 2017
IPG Wins Top Honors at Cannes Festival of Creativity
- IPG Agencies Lead the Industry Taking Home Seven Grand Prix
- McCann Worldgroup Awarded Six Grand Prix in Titanium, Outdoor, PR, Glass, Entertainment and the Grand Prix for Good
- R/GA Wins Media Grand Prix
- McCann Health Named Healthcare Network of the Year
- Area 23, an FCB Health Network Company, Named Healthcare Agency of the Year
New York, NY - June 28, 2017 - Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG) today announced that its agencies won big at the 2017 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity, taking home seven Grand Prix awards, more than any other holding company, including the Grand Prix for Good at the Health Lions and the Titanium Lion, the Festival's top creative honor.
McCann NY's "Fearless Girl" was among the most awarded campaigns at the Festival, taking home four Grand Prix Awards and 18 Lions in total. "Fearless Girl" is among the most awarded campaigns in the history of the Cannes Festival. In addition to the Titanium Lion, "Fearless Girl" won Grand Prix in the Outdoor, PR and Glass categories.
McCann India won the Lions Health Grand Prix for Good for the "Immunity Charm" campaign for the Afghanistan Ministry of Health. And McCann Health was named Cannes Lions Healthcare Network of the Year for the second year in a row. Area 23, an FCB Health Network Company, was named Healthcare Agency of the Year, a first for the IPG agency.
MRM//McCann Madrid won its first-ever Grand Prix at the Festival, in the Entertainment category for "Beyond Money" for Santander Bank, and R/GA won a Grand Prix in Media for "Innovating Saving" for Jet.com.
Based on IPG's analysis, IPG agencies performed better than any other holding group in terms of awards per dollars of revenue. When pro-rated for size, IPG was the top ranked holding company at the Festival, followed by WPP and Omnicom.
In total, IPG agencies won 193 Cannes Lions, including seven Grand Prix, 30 Gold Lions, 65 Silver Lions and 91 Bronze Lions. The IPG agencies that won top prizes at the 2017 Cannes Festival of Creativity span the spectrum of marketing disciplines and geographies and included Deutsch, FCB, Fitzgerald & Co, FP7, Huge, McCann, MRM//McCann, MullenLowe, MullenLowe Mediahub, R/GA, The Martin Agency and Weber Shandwick.
"We are extremely proud of the creative work that our agencies do on behalf of our clients around the world," commented Michael Roth, Chairman and CEO, IPG. "Cannes is all about creativity and shining a spotlight on that work and the creative talent within our company. Creating 'big ideas' for clients that move the needle on their businesses is why we do what we do and it's what makes top talent want to come to work at IPG. In some instances, you also get to do great work that benefits humanity and makes a difference in our community and wins awards, as with our work from McCann Health India - what could be better or more rewarding than that?" he continued.
IPG hosted its Global Women of Color Summit at the Festival, featuring Halle Berry and presented new research on the impact of gender diversity efforts on women of color. Read more about the IPG event, which is the first official event at Cannes to be keynoted by two women of color, here.
# # #
Interpublic is one of the world's leading organizations of advertising agencies and marketing services companies. Major global brands include Craft, FCB (Foote, Cone & Belding), FutureBrand, Golin, Huge, Initiative, Jack Morton Worldwide, MAGNA, McCann, Momentum, MRM//McCann, MullenLowe Group, Octagon, R/GA, UM and Weber Shandwick. Other leading brands include Avrett Free Ginsberg, Campbell Ewald, Carmichael Lynch, Deutsch, Hill Holliday, ID Media and The Martin Agency. For more information, please visit www.interpublic.com.
# # #