- Interpublic Declares Common Stock Dividend Nov 14, 2017
- Interpublic Receives Perfect Score on 2018 HRC Corporate Equality Index Nov 09, 2017
- Interpublic Group to Present at the Wells Fargo 2017 Media & Telecom Conference Nov 02, 2017
- Interpublic Group to Present at the 2017 RBC Capital Markets' Technology, Internet, Media and Telecommunications Conference Nov 02, 2017
- Patrick Q. Moore Joins Interpublic Board of Directors Oct 27, 2017
- Interpublic Announces Third Quarter and First Nine Months 2017 Results Oct 24, 2017
- Interpublic Schedules Third Quarter 2017 Earnings Release Oct 05, 2017
- Interpublic Group to Present at the Goldman Sachs 26th Annual Communacopia Conference Sep 07, 2017
IPG Presents 2017 Inclusion Awards
Launches "Inspired Inclusivity" Global Brand Platform
Celebrates Agencies and Leaders Who Drive Culture Change
New York, NY - August 3, 2017 - Today Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG) will host the company's ninth annual IPG Inclusion Awards program in New York City, and, for the first time, broadcast the program to a global audience via Facebook Live. The Inclusion Awards will honor six agencies and two individuals from IPG's global network who have shown leadership in advancing the company's goal of being one of the world's most diverse and inclusive companies. The event will also debut a new global brand platform called "Inspired Inclusivity" intended to make diversity and inclusion an urgent business issue. Additionally, during the event, Frans Johansson, the best-selling author and consultant, will share his findings on how diversity and innovation are connected.
To view the program on Facebook Live, visit https://www.facebook.com/InterpublicGroup, from 3-5 pm ET on August 3rd 2017.
Michael Roth, IPG's Chairman and CEO, stated, "This year's program is different from what we've done in years past because, frankly, things need to change. While we've made some great progress, a lot of work remains to be done. We're launching a new framework for taking our efforts to the next level. Today's event highlights why our focus on diversity isn't just important, it's urgent from a business perspective. It's also critical that we expand our definition of inclusion to ensure that we incorporate the many dimensions of diversity from gender to race to culture to caregiver or veteran status and beyond. We are streaming live on Facebook to reach more of our people around the world, and we welcome our newcomers to this important event."
Heide Gardner, IPG's Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer, added, "IPG has been working on diversity and inclusion since 2005. With the backing of our Board of Directors, IPG has emerged as a clear leader in the industry. We're the first to hold CEOs accountable through their compensation. We're the first to track progress using serious metrics. We were the first to talk about the most underrepresented racial and ethnic group in our industry, who are Black women executives. 'Inspired Inclusivity' brings to the forefront the programs and work that make D&I part of our DNA, which can be an enormous differentiator for us."
During the event, IPG will formally announce its new global diversity and inclusion theme "Inspired Inclusivity" with a new logo that was the result of an employee global design competition. IPG received over 100 design submissions from all over the world. The winning design was submitted by Rashpal Amrit, Graphic Designer at Frukt London. Rashpal will be at the event to present the new logo.
Frans Johansson, Founder and CEO of The Medici Group and Author of The Medici Effect and The Click Moment will deliver a keynote address during the program. Frans will discuss recent groundbreaking strategy work he is doing with clients who are leveraging diversity and how their approach to driving innovation has led to significant changes in their organizations.
Interpublic agencies and employees were invited to submit entries for seven award categories showcasing how they have elevated diversity to a business imperative. The Most Inclusive Climate of the Year honor is awarded to the agency that received the highest score on IPG's annual Climate for Inclusion survey. Submissions were then judged by MERGE leadership. MERGE is IPG's umbrella organization for the company's Business Resource Groups (BRG) which include the Asian Heritage Group (AHG), Black Employee Network (BEN), IPGLBT, Hispanic/Latino Heritage Group (SOMOS) and the Women's Leadership Network (WLN).
The 2017 IPG honorees are:
- Community Impact - Area 23, an FCB Health Company
- Outstanding Support for Diverse Businesses - McCann Worldgroup
- Inclusive Talent Initiatives - R/GA
- Best Internal Communications Program - Campbell Ewald
- Inclusion Campaign of the Year - WMcCann
- Most Effective Targeted Campaign - McCann New York
- Inclusive Leadership Award - Blake Winfree and Erin Swenson Gorrall, MullenLowe U.S.
- Most Inclusive Climate of the Year - Carmichael Lynch
# # #
Interpublic is one of the world's leading organizations of advertising agencies and marketing services companies. Major global brands include Craft, FCB (Foote, Cone & Belding), FutureBrand, Golin, Huge, Initiative, Jack Morton Worldwide, MAGNA, McCann, Momentum, MRM//McCann, MullenLowe Group, Octagon, R/GA, UM and Weber Shandwick. Other leading brands include Avrett Free Ginsberg, Campbell Ewald, Carmichael Lynch, Deutsch, Hill Holliday, ID Media and The Martin Agency. For more information, please visit www.interpublic.com.
# # #