Creating a Meaningful Purpose-Driven Campaign to Generate Affinity for a Tax Leader
Many young people do not have the skills needed to make effective money-management decisions. Instead of making simple mistakes while young, they are making mistakes that could have serious ramifications as adults. To help, H&R Block engaged Carmichael Lynch Relate to expand and elevate its latent "Dollars & Sense" program to increase teens’ financial literacy.
With H&R Block, we created a real-world simulation – the" H&R Block Budget Challenge" – to help teens learn how to make real-life decisions without real-life consequences. Students play classroom against classroom and student against student, competing for $3 million in grants. As part of its commitment to financial literacy, H&R Block offers the game free to teachers and home school educators. Employee associates help us award the students and teachers in their local communities.
We generated nearly 900 million impressions, and traffic to the Dollars & Sense website increased more than 14,000 percent year-over-year. Thousands of teachers received tools and lesson plans for their students; 100,000 students gained valuable financial literacy skills; and the company gave away $3 million in scholarships and grants. H&R Block saw significant lifts in brand preference and likability, as measured by its annual brand health tracking study.
The campaign won a 2016 PRWeek award for Cause Related Campaign of the Year, and was a finalist for Best in Show. And we have created a movement for this important cause and positioned H&R Block as the champion for preparing teens to successfully manage their personal finances.
- R/GA Tokyo + MUJI Give the Gift of Color - Published on 12/14/2017
- McCann Health & CARE Confront Death by Overdose from Prescription Drugs - Published on 12/14/2017
- McCann and CATHAY PACIFIC BREATHE NEW LIFE INTO OLD UNIFORMS WITH ‘WELL TRAVELLED LAI SEE’ - Published on 12/12/2017
- Holiday Spot From M:United/McCann and Microsoft Focuses on the Power of Kindness and Inclusion - Published on 12/12/2017
- Jack Morton and Royal Caribbean Tell a Story of Innovation - Published on 12/11/2017
- McCann Lima and Calidda Send Message About Air Pollution - Published on 12/07/2017
- Deutsch Staffer Supports Charities Using Tech Skills - Published on 12/01/2017
- McCann and NY Lottery Bring Home Holiday Magic with Bodega Cat - Published on 11/30/2017
- IPG Makes Commitment to charity: water - Published on 11/28/2017
- Ronald McDonald House Honors Al Golin - Published on 11/27/2017