Creating a Meaningful Purpose-Driven Campaign to Generate Affinity for a Tax Leader
Many young people do not have the skills needed to make effective money-management decisions. Instead of making simple mistakes while young, they are making mistakes that could have serious ramifications as adults. To help, H&R Block engaged Carmichael Lynch Relate to expand and elevate its latent "Dollars & Sense" program to increase teens’ financial literacy.
With H&R Block, we created a real-world simulation – the" H&R Block Budget Challenge" – to help teens learn how to make real-life decisions without real-life consequences. Students play classroom against classroom and student against student, competing for $3 million in grants. As part of its commitment to financial literacy, H&R Block offers the game free to teachers and home school educators. Employee associates help us award the students and teachers in their local communities.
We generated nearly 900 million impressions, and traffic to the Dollars & Sense website increased more than 14,000 percent year-over-year. Thousands of teachers received tools and lesson plans for their students; 100,000 students gained valuable financial literacy skills; and the company gave away $3 million in scholarships and grants. H&R Block saw significant lifts in brand preference and likability, as measured by its annual brand health tracking study.
The campaign won a 2016 PRWeek award for Cause Related Campaign of the Year, and was a finalist for Best in Show. And we have created a movement for this important cause and positioned H&R Block as the champion for preparing teens to successfully manage their personal finances.
- McCann Health Works to Destigmatize Mental Health - Published on 10/20/2017
- McCann Health & Afghan Ministry of Public Health Partner To Increase Childhood Vaccination Rates - Published on 10/19/2017
- WLN NY Makes Strides Against Breast Cancer - Published on 10/16/2017
- Deutsch LA Partners with Tile to Help Find a Lost Panda - Published on 10/13/2017
- Area 23 and DKMS Partner to Save Lives from Blood Cancer - Published on 10/12/2017
- Media Experts Raises Money for At-Risk Parents - Published on 10/12/2017
- Marathon Motivator - Published on 10/11/2017
- Middle-Earth: Shadow of War - Published on 10/11/2017
- Dress Like a Mom - Published on 10/09/2017
- From Guy Snack to "My Snack" - Published on 10/09/2017