Lysol: Protect Like A Mother
McCann New York has launched a new campaign for the iconic Lysol brand that celebrates Moms who will do anything to protect their children.
The work is part of a major launch across Europe and North America under the theme line, "What it takes to protect." The creative work – comparing moms to wild animals like grizzly bears – moves the advertising message to an emotional level and away from the product-centric approach. We see no cans of Lysol of or Moms spraying countertops that gleam in the sunlight. The work is part of a larger integrated and channel-agnostic approach campaign across all of the regions, with McCann, McCann Health and McCann Humancare working together. Lysol – or Dettol in many overseas markets, such as India – is the largest brand in global client Reckitt Benckiser’s portfolio.
The creative idea is based on the positioning of “unconditional protection,” and is designed to shift the Lysol brand from standing for germ-killing and antiseptic surfaces to representing a brand personality that is far more human. Built on the foundation of McCann’s work in India for Dettol, the idea creates a truly meaningful role for Dettol/Lysol in people's lives.
- McCann Health Works to Destigmatize Mental Health - Published on 10/20/2017
- McCann Health & Afghan Ministry of Public Health Partner To Increase Childhood Vaccination Rates - Published on 10/19/2017
- WLN NY Makes Strides Against Breast Cancer - Published on 10/16/2017
- Deutsch LA Partners with Tile to Help Find a Lost Panda - Published on 10/13/2017
- Area 23 and DKMS Partner to Save Lives from Blood Cancer - Published on 10/12/2017
- Media Experts Raises Money for At-Risk Parents - Published on 10/12/2017
- Marathon Motivator - Published on 10/11/2017
- Middle-Earth: Shadow of War - Published on 10/11/2017
- Dress Like a Mom - Published on 10/09/2017
- From Guy Snack to "My Snack" - Published on 10/09/2017