Mastercard New Zealand and McCann Sydney Launch ‘Tap for your town to play Richie’
Mastercard and McCann Sydney have launched a campaign aiming to change behavior of New Zealanders from a card inserting, pin-punching nation, to a country of proficient tappers. Quite simply, they’re asking New Zealanders to ‘tap’ as their preferred payment method for the chance of their home town taking on Richie McCaw and his touch rugby team.
The town with the most number of taps per capita will host the ultimate game of touch rugby at their local park – broadcast to the nation. Marcus Tesoriero, Creative Director, McCann Sydney says: “In New Zealand, rugby is religion and Richie McCaw is a god. The chance to play against him, putting one small town on the map for a day is going to be priceless.” The campaign, ‘Tap for your town to play Richie’, seeks to evoke a sense of home pride for New Zealanders, making tapping a ‘town duty’ as locals tap it out for a chance to see and play their hero, Richie McCaw.
Sarah Pike, Head of Marketing & Communications Australasia, Mastercard says “We’re excited to give the whole of New Zealand an opportunity to take part in this. All they have to do is tap, for the chance to play Richie in the ultimate game of touch. It’ll be a David versus Goliath battle.” The first phase of the campaign is supported via TV, outdoor and point of sale, along with digital and targeted social executions. Taps will be counted from 19th June – 27th August before the winning town is announced and anticipation builds in the lead up to game day.
- McCann Health Works to Destigmatize Mental Health - Published on 10/20/2017
- McCann Health & Afghan Ministry of Public Health Partner To Increase Childhood Vaccination Rates - Published on 10/19/2017
- WLN NY Makes Strides Against Breast Cancer - Published on 10/16/2017
- Deutsch LA Partners with Tile to Help Find a Lost Panda - Published on 10/13/2017
- Area 23 and DKMS Partner to Save Lives from Blood Cancer - Published on 10/12/2017
- Media Experts Raises Money for At-Risk Parents - Published on 10/12/2017
- Marathon Motivator - Published on 10/11/2017
- Middle-Earth: Shadow of War - Published on 10/11/2017
- Dress Like a Mom - Published on 10/09/2017
- From Guy Snack to "My Snack" - Published on 10/09/2017