Jack Morton Chicago Takes Women off the Sidelines and into the Spotlight
In America, women make up nearly half of football’s 150 million fans and one-third of the audience for sports coverage. But when it comes to media coverage, their opinions are left on the sidelines. COVERGIRL believes “Girls Can” and aims to inspire women and young girls to succeed in areas where they are under-represented, including sports. Jack Morton Chicago saw a unique opportunity using the brand’s partnership with professional American football to help women and young girls break into a male-dominated field.
And with that, “Rantin’ and Raven,” the first-ever all-female football pregame show, was born. The program needed a strong voice to lead the charge so they engaged Lesley Visser—the first female football analyst and one of the most influential women in sports casting history. Lesley stood alongside 15 of the loudest, proudest female football fans around. On game day outside of the stadium, we went live in front of thousands of fans as our women talked football for hours leading up to the game, giving female football fans a voice louder than ever before.
With a single play, we increased the number of non-sideline reporters but even more important was the conversation it started — an outpouring of both positive and negative comments. Demonstrating that even though we saw a huge gain for women in sports, we still have many more yards to go.
- McCann Health Works to Destigmatize Mental Health - Published on 10/20/2017
- McCann Health & Afghan Ministry of Public Health Partner To Increase Childhood Vaccination Rates - Published on 10/19/2017
- WLN NY Makes Strides Against Breast Cancer - Published on 10/16/2017
- Deutsch LA Partners with Tile to Help Find a Lost Panda - Published on 10/13/2017
- Area 23 and DKMS Partner to Save Lives from Blood Cancer - Published on 10/12/2017
- Media Experts Raises Money for At-Risk Parents - Published on 10/12/2017
- Marathon Motivator - Published on 10/11/2017
- Middle-Earth: Shadow of War - Published on 10/11/2017
- Dress Like a Mom - Published on 10/09/2017
- From Guy Snack to "My Snack" - Published on 10/09/2017