McCann Promotes Environmental Awareness with Travelling Fruits Campaign
- Many products are shipped halfway round the world to our local supermarkets, creating vast amounts of unnecessary pollution.
- The “Travelling Fruits” campaign draws attention to the fact that by shopping wisely, consumers can help reduce CO2 emissions.
- The campaign’s goal was to create awareness that buying locally-grown products contributes to carbon emissions reductions – in a similar way to making choices about fuel-efficient cars.
McCann Germany created bold images to capture the attention of consumers – showing tropical fruits, in the form of planes and freighter ships spewing exhaust. The campaign created a strong visual message that tropical fruits – such as bananas, pineapples, and coconuts – are embedded with the environmental impacts of long-distance travel. The billboards ran in the large towns of Germany.
The “Travelling Fruits” campaign received international publicity, bringing the environmental message to different markets including Marie Claire Magazine, South Africa; UNEP Gallery, Paris; “Greening the World“ Exhibition, Milan, Italy and Cubberla-Witton Catchments Network Exhibition, Brisbane, Australia.
The campaign also won award nominations for McCann Germany including:
- Mobius Award Competition (Print), 2009 – First Place
- Cresta Awards (Best Billboard), 2009 – Shortlist
- One Show (Outdoor Campaign), 2009 – First Cut
- Plakat & Media Grand Prix (Best Poster), 2009 - Finalist
- MullenLowe and Boppy Launch #NeverNotAMom - Published on 01/19/2018
- McCann XBC and Mastercard 'Start Something Priceless' - Published on 01/19/2018
- MullenLowe Launches Work for New Subaru Model - Published on 01/18/2018
- FCB/Six Creates Tool for LGBTQ+ Travelers - Published on 01/18/2018
- DeVries Global and Zippo celebrate the Brand’s 86 years as an Unconventional Canvas - Published on 01/18/2018
- View the charity: water Journey - Published on 01/11/2018
- FCB New Zealand Stresses Importance of Smoke Alarms - Published on 01/11/2018
- McCann and L'Oréal Launch ‘Comeback’ During Golden Globes - Published on 01/10/2018
- Shining a Spotlight on National Design Leadership - Published on 01/10/2018
- Jack Morton Creates Fireworks Display to Celebrate Women’s Suffrage Centenary - Published on 01/05/2018