Oreo Wonder Vault
When Oreo wanted to grab attention for its latest flavor, chocolate chip, we looked back in our memory bank. For many, cookies inspire nostalgia and remind us of being a little kid, being at home, and a simpler life. We wanted to stoke that childhood nostalgia by recreating that “sneaking” into the cookie jar feeling we all remember as kids.
To do so, we took a vacant retail storefront in Los Angeles and transformed it, creating a fully integrated, immersive — and wonder-filled — kitchen and home that made people feel like a kid again. We created a space where the rooms, and everything in them, were built at a 1.3X scale, mimicking the first-person perspective of a child. From the oversized kitchen table with seemingly gigantic newspapers to the wall decor, everything was built to bring you back to the feeling of being a little kid. The space featured an entire kitchen, with an usual centerpiece, a classic, oversized cookie jar filled with samples of the new chocolate chip Oreos to enjoy.
While the pop-up space was only open for a short time, organic “selfie stations” allowed visitors to capture their experience and generate further buzz and reach via their social networks.
Onsite the Wonder Vault was a hit, achieving 168% of our goal for passing out samples and visitors streamed through the space all day long. The reach of the experience went far beyond an LA storefront though. Working with our partners at Weber Shandwick, the Wonder Vault had over 230 media placements, netting more than 126 million impressions, ranging from outlets like NBC News, Buzzfeed, CNN, Fox News, The Today Show, Teen Vogue, Eater, Time, People, Refinery29 and many more. The conversation continued on social; across Facebook, Instagram and Twitter there were more than 150,000 engagements with chocolate chip Oreo content.
- McCann Health Works to Destigmatize Mental Health - Published on 10/20/2017
- McCann Health & Afghan Ministry of Public Health Partner To Increase Childhood Vaccination Rates - Published on 10/19/2017
- WLN NY Makes Strides Against Breast Cancer - Published on 10/16/2017
- Deutsch LA Partners with Tile to Help Find a Lost Panda - Published on 10/13/2017
- Area 23 and DKMS Partner to Save Lives from Blood Cancer - Published on 10/12/2017
- Media Experts Raises Money for At-Risk Parents - Published on 10/12/2017
- Marathon Motivator - Published on 10/11/2017
- Middle-Earth: Shadow of War - Published on 10/11/2017
- Dress Like a Mom - Published on 10/09/2017
- From Guy Snack to "My Snack" - Published on 10/09/2017