MullenLowe and Royal Caribbean Showcase Local Flavor in Short Films
Royal Caribbean knows that part of the lure of adventure lies in experiencing the local culture. To bring their audience an authentic connection with people and culture, MullenLowe Boston created an original miniseries entitled The Local. The documentary series celebrates people around the world, their unique passions, communities and cultures.
In the premiere season, three locals from Alaska are highlighted: Wayne Price, a Tlingit master carver determined to keep his culture alive while bringing peace and healing to those in need; Mary Smith, a culinary expert and food journalist on a mission to bring recognition to the Alaskan culinary scene while telling the stories behind each dish; and Dan Oberlatz, a wilderness explorer who enjoyed his visit to Alaska so much, he moved there and now guides expeditions into Alaska’s backcountry for a living.
“Ultimately, we wanted our audience to experience the content like they would a film,” said Kara Wallace, VP of North America Marketing at Royal Caribbean. “We wanted them to get lost in the unique stories and perspectives of Alaska; to watch and think, ‘I want to go there, I want to do that,'” she continued.
- R/GA Tokyo + MUJI Give the Gift of Color - Published on 12/14/2017
- McCann Health & CARE Confront Death by Overdose from Prescription Drugs - Published on 12/14/2017
- McCann and CATHAY PACIFIC BREATHE NEW LIFE INTO OLD UNIFORMS WITH ‘WELL TRAVELLED LAI SEE’ - Published on 12/12/2017
- Holiday Spot From M:United/McCann and Microsoft Focuses on the Power of Kindness and Inclusion - Published on 12/12/2017
- Jack Morton and Royal Caribbean Tell a Story of Innovation - Published on 12/11/2017
- McCann Lima and Calidda Send Message About Air Pollution - Published on 12/07/2017
- Deutsch Staffer Supports Charities Using Tech Skills - Published on 12/01/2017
- McCann and NY Lottery Bring Home Holiday Magic with Bodega Cat - Published on 11/30/2017
- IPG Makes Commitment to charity: water - Published on 11/28/2017
- Ronald McDonald House Honors Al Golin - Published on 11/27/2017