Planet Fitness: New Year's Eve
Planet Fitness, America’s fastest growing gym, wanted to become a leader in their category. But to do so, they needed to move beyond challenging other gyms, and instead take on the judgements of the world. Our idea? The World Judges. We Don’t.
We looked into the brand’s DNA and turned the Judgement Free Zone into a verb by creating a custom thumbs up emoji that would show up in every aspect of the creative; symbolizing that you’re good, we’re all good because Planet Fitness is more than a gym - it’s your judgement-free happy place. Our campaign launched on the fitness world’s Super Bowl - New Year’s Eve, with a complete takeover of Times Square. We aired a :60 second spot with a countdown theme featuring judgement scenarios. We branded stages, billboards, and millions of hats. So when global news outlets showed Times Square, everyone saw Planet Fitness.
We grew Planet Fitness new membership by 67%, crashing the website during our New Year’s promotion due to an eightfold increase in site traffic. January 2017 became their best performing month of all-time with over 1.2MM+ member acquisitions, 700 join attempts per minute, a record-breaking increase of 54% year-over-year at a cost-per-join of 47.5% lesser than the previous year. The campaign generated over 73M media impressions.
- Campbell Ewald and Milk Partner in Olympics TV Ads - Published on 11/16/2017
- IPG Volunteers Serve Meals to the Elderly - Published on 11/15/2017
- McCann Global Health Joins Clean Cooking Champions - Published on 11/15/2017
- FCB Ulka and Times of India Move from Division to Inclusivity - Published on 11/14/2017
- MullenLowe Helps Imagine an End to Alzheimer’s - Published on 11/10/2017
- U.S. BANK AND CARMICHAEL LYNCH LAUNCH THE ‘NOSTALCHIC’ COLLECTION TO PROMOTE HOME EQUITY LOANS MINNEAPOLIS - Published on 11/09/2017
- Interpublic Receives Perfect Score on 2018 HRC Corporate Equality Index - Published on 11/09/2017
- Planet Fitness: New Year's Eve - Published on 11/07/2017
- Bank of America Mobile Banking App - Published on 11/07/2017
- Stella Artois-Vantage Point - Published on 11/07/2017