McCann Torre Lazur Acts on Suicide Prevention
Inspired by the experience of a colleague who lost a loved one to suicide, a team of volunteers at the healthcare communications company McCann Torre Lazur, a McCann Health Company based in Parsippany, New Jersey, has spent the last two years engaging their creative powers to build a powerful call to action for suicide prevention, showing the world that life is worth living.
Earlier this month, #worthliving team took The Orange Project to the streets–Garibaldi Square in Washington Square Park, NYC –- and invited the public to write a note and maybe help save a life.
Using the orange sticky note as a visual vehicle to speak out for suicide awareness, the team wants to tell those suffering that suicide isn't the answer. They want to give hope to the girl being bullied, the boy who feels unloved, and other young adults experiencing dark moments. The team will be inviting people to handwrite a note of hope and encouragement for someone who needs it and maybe help save a life.
Now in its 3rd year, the #worthliving team is working with students across the globe to roll out The Orange Project, a youth-driven educational and social media campaign encouraging more open communication about suicide and an understanding of its warning signs. The team hopes to build the largest photo album of handwritten notes from across the globe to raise awareness about suicide prevention in young people and (hopefully) break a Guinness World Record, but the ultimate goal remains the same…to help save a life.
- MullenLowe and Boppy Launch #NeverNotAMom - Published on 01/19/2018
- McCann XBC and Mastercard 'Start Something Priceless' - Published on 01/19/2018
- MullenLowe Launches Work for New Subaru Model - Published on 01/18/2018
- FCB/Six Creates Tool for LGBTQ+ Travelers - Published on 01/18/2018
- DeVries Global and Zippo celebrate the Brand’s 86 years as an Unconventional Canvas - Published on 01/18/2018
- View the charity: water Journey - Published on 01/11/2018
- FCB New Zealand Stresses Importance of Smoke Alarms - Published on 01/11/2018
- McCann and L'Oréal Launch ‘Comeback’ During Golden Globes - Published on 01/10/2018
- Shining a Spotlight on National Design Leadership - Published on 01/10/2018
- Jack Morton Creates Fireworks Display to Celebrate Women’s Suffrage Centenary - Published on 01/05/2018