"The Force" Deutsch
To create a superstar TV spot for the 2011 Super Bowl, the year's most anticipated sports and advertising showdown in America's popular culture.
The insight and Solution
At $3 million for a 30 second spot, the Super Bowl is the US’s biggest night in advertising. The challenge was to stand out against traditional Super Bowl advertising which is full of explosions and big moments of silliness.
For the all-new 2012 Passat , Volkswagen brings Star Wars™ to one of TV’s most talked about events. Accompanied by John Williams’ iconic “The Imperial March,” the spot features the most infamous villain in the galaxy, a pint-sized Darth Vader who uses the Force when he discovers the all-new 2012 Passat in the driveway. The two iconic brands leverage humor and the unforgettable Star Wars score to create an emotional spot and make Super Bowl ad history.
- With over 60 Million You Tube views, the campaign is the most viewed auto ad of all time.
- Top 5 worldwide trending topic on Twitter.
- Voted the Number One Super Bowl ad on acclaimed online sites including NFL FanHouse, Hulu, AdBowl and Super Bowl.
- As of early 2015, it remains remains the most shared Super Bowl spot of all time.
- R/GA Tokyo + MUJI Give the Gift of Color - Published on 12/14/2017
- McCann Health & CARE Confront Death by Overdose from Prescription Drugs - Published on 12/14/2017
- McCann and CATHAY PACIFIC BREATHE NEW LIFE INTO OLD UNIFORMS WITH ‘WELL TRAVELLED LAI SEE’ - Published on 12/12/2017
- Holiday Spot From M:United/McCann and Microsoft Focuses on the Power of Kindness and Inclusion - Published on 12/12/2017
- Jack Morton and Royal Caribbean Tell a Story of Innovation - Published on 12/11/2017
- McCann Lima and Calidda Send Message About Air Pollution - Published on 12/07/2017
- Deutsch Staffer Supports Charities Using Tech Skills - Published on 12/01/2017
- McCann and NY Lottery Bring Home Holiday Magic with Bodega Cat - Published on 11/30/2017
- IPG Makes Commitment to charity: water - Published on 11/28/2017
- Ronald McDonald House Honors Al Golin - Published on 11/27/2017