BMW Drive For Team USA
Drive for Team USA, a national driving program, served as the retail launch of BMW’s partnership with the US Olympic Committee. At 277 one-day, dealer-hosted test drive events, specially-invited guests received a full walk-through of the latest BMW technologies, an opportunity to test drive the BMW model of their choice and the chance to make a difference for Team USA (for every test drive, $10 was donated by BMW to Team USA).
In 2011, a non-Olympic year, BMW challenged Octagon to create and activate a breakthrough event program to support BMW's partnership with the United States Olympic Committee.
What Octagon Did
Octagon coordinated “meet and greets” with a current or former Olympic athlete at each of the 277 events and negotiated partnerships for BMW with 11 Olympic athletes to create the BMW Performance Team in support of the program.
Octagon executed 10 simultaneous tours, consisting of 74 vehicles and 54 Octagon staff traveling the country between June and September.
The highly-integrated program was supported via national television advertising, on-site branding, customized dealer videos, digital, social media and traditional PR initiatives.
More than 20K consumers conducted nearly 25K test drives, registering a 22% conversion rate (new BMW purchase within six months) among event participants.
- WLN NY Makes Strides Against Breast Cancer - Published on 10/16/2017
- Deutsch LA Partners with Tile to Help Find a Lost Panda - Published on 10/13/2017
- Area 23 and DKMS Partner to Save Lives from Blood Cancer - Published on 10/12/2017
- Media Experts Raises Money for At-Risk Parents - Published on 10/12/2017
- Marathon Motivator - Published on 10/11/2017
- Middle-Earth: Shadow of War - Published on 10/11/2017
- Dress Like a Mom - Published on 10/09/2017
- From Guy Snack to "My Snack" - Published on 10/09/2017
- Fueling Fitness Fanatics with Clean Nutrition - Published on 10/09/2017
- Weber Shandwick Releases New CSR Report - Published on 10/05/2017