R/GA/That's Not Cool
R/GA creates groundbreaking multimedia campaign to raise awareness among teens about digital dating abuse.
Why Pro Bono?
To raise awareness among teens about digital dating abuse.
Pressure for nude pics. Harassing text messages. Constant phone calls. Breaking into Facebook and MySpace accounts. Teen dating has moved into the digital world and abuse has followed.
R/GA teamed up with The Ad Council, Family Violence Prevention Fund and the Office on Violence Against Women to create That's Not Cool, a groundbreaking multimedia campaign in the U.S. designed to raise awareness among teens about digital dating abuse. Instead of preaching to teens, the campaign encourages dialogue. It invites teens to help define the issue and provides information on how to prevent it.
Centered on the website, ThatsNotCool.com, the integrated effort spans TV, radio, out of home, online advertising, and social media channels, including Facebook and YouTube. Since mobile devices are a huge aspect of teen life, the campaign's mobile site is an integral component to spreading awareness.
“That’s Not Cool” marks the first time The Ad Council chose a digital agency as agency of record. From January 5-April 8, 2009, website visits exceeded 300,000, significantly surpassing traffic typically seen on other Ad Council teen-targeted websites. The campaign was also profiled by top-tier press, including The New York Times, Chicago Tribune and NBC’s “Today” show.
- R/GA Tokyo + MUJI Give the Gift of Color - Published on 12/14/2017
- McCann Health & CARE Confront Death by Overdose from Prescription Drugs - Published on 12/14/2017
- McCann and CATHAY PACIFIC BREATHE NEW LIFE INTO OLD UNIFORMS WITH ‘WELL TRAVELLED LAI SEE’ - Published on 12/12/2017
- Holiday Spot From M:United/McCann and Microsoft Focuses on the Power of Kindness and Inclusion - Published on 12/12/2017
- Jack Morton and Royal Caribbean Tell a Story of Innovation - Published on 12/11/2017
- McCann Lima and Calidda Send Message About Air Pollution - Published on 12/07/2017
- Deutsch Staffer Supports Charities Using Tech Skills - Published on 12/01/2017
- McCann and NY Lottery Bring Home Holiday Magic with Bodega Cat - Published on 11/30/2017
- IPG Makes Commitment to charity: water - Published on 11/28/2017
- Ronald McDonald House Honors Al Golin - Published on 11/27/2017