Coca-Cola Olympic Torch Relay
The Ultimate Road Show! Putting music and entertainment at the heart of the London 2012 Olympic Torch Relay with Coca-Cola.
Engaging Teens with the Olympic Torch Relay
FRUKT was charged with creating a music strategy focused around the Olympic Torch Relay (OTR). We needed to define a role for both artists and musical content as well as work with partner agencies to define the role of music within their channels.
FRUKT produced a campaign that was led by four main ambassador artists, Dizzee Rascal, You Me At Six, Eliza Doolittle and The Wanted. They asked the UK to nominate "Future Flames," young people who deserved the chance to run with the torch.
We then recruited an additional 10 artists to play at each night of the OTR around the UK. They included Friendly Fires, Rizzle Kicks, Wretch 32 and The Wombats. Our work included:
- Managing artists, content creation and a free live event
- Managing artist activation at music festivals across the UK
- Managing talent engagement and content creation in the runup to OTR
- Supervising all artist performances, PR and content creation
- Obtaining sync licenses (licenses for music associated with moving images) for the program
The Coca-Cola OTR Program was a huge success. It resulted in 1,340 Coca–Cola torchbearers, 1 million attending the various gigs, 13 million people lining the streets to see the torch and more than 50 sync licenses obtained.
- McCann and CATHAY PACIFIC BREATHE NEW LIFE INTO OLD UNIFORMS WITH ‘WELL TRAVELLED LAI SEE’ - Published on 12/12/2017
- Holiday Spot From M:United/McCann and Microsoft Focuses on the Power of Kindness and Inclusion - Published on 12/12/2017
- Jack Morton and Royal Caribbean Tell a Story of Innovation - Published on 12/11/2017
- McCann Lima and Calidda Send Message About Air Pollution - Published on 12/07/2017
- Deutsch Staffer Supports Charities Using Tech Skills - Published on 12/01/2017
- McCann and NY Lottery Bring Home Holiday Magic with Bodega Cat - Published on 11/30/2017
- IPG Makes Commitment to charity: water - Published on 11/28/2017
- Ronald McDonald House Honors Al Golin - Published on 11/27/2017
- McCann Torre Lazur Acts on Suicide Prevention - Published on 11/21/2017
- Campbell Ewald and Milk Partner in Olympics TV Ads - Published on 11/16/2017