TD and Tierney Bring the Forest to the Concrete Jungle
Tierney and TD Bank brought a virtual forest to life in the heart of New York City.
The financial industry consumes a substantial amount of paper through customer offerings and business operations.
While much of the paper that TD uses comes from recycled sources, in 2012, TD employees (and customers) acknowledged that they would like to use less paper and help protect our forestland.
As a result of this commitment, paper reduction became a pillar of the TD Forest program, which aims to protect vast acres of North American forests. TD promised to reduce its paper usage by 20% before 2015 (a reduction of more than 300 million sheets of paper per year). It was imperative to generate awareness of the initiative in the heart of TD Bank’s footprint: New York City.
How do you remind New Yorkers of the importance of our forest habitats when all they can see is miles of urban sprawl?
To ensure New Yorkers took notice of TD’s efforts, Tierney took the forest to New York.
An entire TD Bank storefront window on Fifth Avenue was transformed into an interactive wall featuring a bucolic forest scene with life-sized forest animals.
As users interacted with the wall, an LED screen offered stats in relatable measurements such as “city blocks” to show just how much habitat is being protected through the initiative.
The virtual environment was complemented by iconic viewfinders, moved throughout the island for two months, allowing viewers to be transported from urban sprawl to the heart of the forest.
The message was further seeded through online banners and outdoor video displays placed strategically above high-traffic subway entrances.
In the end, each tactic encouraged viewers to take their own pledge and help protect our forests.
Both installations saw nearly 70,000 participants take a break from the cityscape and enjoy the beautiful woodlands and wildlife that TD is helping to protect.
The efforts quickly caught the eye of a number of respected communications outlets including AgencySpy, AdRants, Creativity and Global Innovation Report.
- FCB/SIX Targets High Driving Among Teens - Published on 02/24/2017
- McCann London and L’Oréal Paris Launch "All Worth It" Campaign - Published on 02/23/2017
- Weber Shandwick and McCann Global Health Support Public-Private Coalition to Fight Disease - Published on 02/15/2017
- McCann New York Launches First Work for Chick-fil-A - Published on 02/14/2017
- R/GA and The Ad Council Partner with NFL on New 'Love Has No Labels' Work - Published on 02/14/2017
- The Martin Agency and Oreo Present the Oreo Dunk Challenge - Published on 02/08/2017
- MRM//McCann Madrid and Santander Are Non-Stop with Mobile Banking - Published on 02/07/2017
- MullenLowe Bucharest: Offices with a Story - Published on 02/06/2017
- Community Coffee & TM Advertising Focus On Unity - Published on 02/01/2017
- IPG Recognized with AAF Mosaic Awards - Published on 02/01/2017