Casanova Pendrill/Hispanic Market UNICEF TAP Project
Casanova Pendrill launched a Hispanic Market campaign for the TAP Project for clean drinking water.
Why Pro Bono?
Nearly a billion people around the world lack access to clean drinking water. Over 4,100 children die every day from drinking dirty water. The UNICEF TAP Project is implemented during World Water week in March, in restaurants throughout the country. Patrons are asked to donate $1 dollar for the tap water they would otherwise get for free. This $1 helps to provide clean drinking water for 40 children in one day.
Casanova Pendrill was enlisted to help launch a Hispanic market campaign in NY and Miami, consistent with the existing TAP Project idea. The agency needed to get the target to do something about this issue. To reach them they had to make it relevant by making it personal to them.
The agency utilized TV, radio, online, social media (Facebook, MySpace, etc.), billboards, wild postings and bathroom posters. They also held events at key parks in NY and Miami like Union Square and Biscayne Bay Park. As part of its guerilla efforts, the agency also bottled dirty water in eight “lethal varieties,” made a mock vending machine for it, disguised UNICEF volunteers as a DIRTY WATER promotion team, and strategically launched this new brand of bottled water in high traffic areas.
- 30MM+ impressions through massive General Market and Hispanic Market TV news coverage (TV Stations: New York 1, NY1 Español, Telemundo, among others); confirmed Media Impressions: Hispanic 18+: 12,326,000
- Millions more reached nationally and internationally by massive online coverage, articles and blogs, which continue to appear, from countries like Thailand, Portugal, Spain and Austria among others
- 45,000+ foot traffic impressions estimated for location during World Water Week
- The campaign has been recognized in the Gunn Report’s Top 100 Most Awarded Campaigns, and honored in award shows that include Cannes, London International, One Show, Art Director’s Club, MOBIUS, National ADDYs, O’Toole, OBIE, New York Festivals, FIAP, and EL OJO.
- McCann and CATHAY PACIFIC BREATHE NEW LIFE INTO OLD UNIFORMS WITH ‘WELL TRAVELLED LAI SEE’ - Published on 12/12/2017
- Holiday Spot From M:United/McCann and Microsoft Focuses on the Power of Kindness and Inclusion - Published on 12/12/2017
- Jack Morton and Royal Caribbean Tell a Story of Innovation - Published on 12/11/2017
- McCann Lima and Calidda Send Message About Air Pollution - Published on 12/07/2017
- Deutsch Staffer Supports Charities Using Tech Skills - Published on 12/01/2017
- McCann and NY Lottery Bring Home Holiday Magic with Bodega Cat - Published on 11/30/2017
- IPG Makes Commitment to charity: water - Published on 11/28/2017
- Ronald McDonald House Honors Al Golin - Published on 11/27/2017
- McCann Torre Lazur Acts on Suicide Prevention - Published on 11/21/2017
- Campbell Ewald and Milk Partner in Olympics TV Ads - Published on 11/16/2017