Mediabrands Promotes STEM-Based Careers to Kids in London
As part of its partnership with OpenCo, IPG Mediabrands UK recently hosted London schoolchildren at its offices to showcase what awaits them in the world of work, while also focusing on how STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) subjects are applied at the world’s most innovative companies. OpenCo, is an innovative conference and media platform and this event was part of OpenCo Junior – a week-long series of events and experiences designed to inspire young people.
OpenCo Junior was created to provide students with the opportunity to experience innovation in its native habitat. At the Mediabrands event, students met with various professionals who spoke about the media business, providing interesting interactive challenges and discussing cool industry events like CES, in an effort to inspire them to consider more science and tech-based subjects. This event was run in collaboration with the UK Government.
Ella Goldner, co-founder of OpenCo London and Strategy Director at UM, said: “We’re delighted to be bringing the OpenCo experience to schoolchildren – our future stars – so that they can learn and take inspiration from some of London’s most exciting businesses and entrepreneurs. We hope our Mediabrands session left the young guests full of ideas around where a career in media could take them.”
We’re delighted to be bringing the OpenCo experience to schoolchildren –we hope they are inspired and full of ideas about where a career in media might take them.
- IPG Hosts Women’s Breakfast at CES - Published on 01/23/2018
- Deutsch and Taco Bell Launch Web of Fries - Published on 01/23/2018
- McCann Romania Promotes Blood Donations - Published on 01/23/2018
- MullenLowe and Boppy Launch #NeverNotAMom - Published on 01/19/2018
- McCann XBC and Mastercard 'Start Something Priceless' - Published on 01/19/2018
- MullenLowe Launches Work for New Subaru Model - Published on 01/18/2018
- FCB/Six Creates Tool for LGBTQ+ Travelers - Published on 01/18/2018
- DeVries Global and Zippo celebrate the Brand’s 86 years as an Unconventional Canvas - Published on 01/18/2018
- View the charity: water Journey - Published on 01/11/2018
- FCB New Zealand Stresses Importance of Smoke Alarms - Published on 01/11/2018