Current and Kingsford Charcoal #TailgateForOurTroops
Current worked with client Kingsford Charcoal on a tailgating campaign in partnership with the Folds of Honor Foundation, an organization that provides scholarships and assistance to children and spouses of military members who were killed or disabled during active duty. Since 2007, the foundation has awarded over 7,500 scholarships.
In an effort to encourage grilling and to extend the grilling season, Kingsford Charcoal pledged to donate $1 (up to $50,000) to Folds of Honor for every tweet containing #TailgateForOurTroops and for each purchase of Folds of Honor-branded charcoal. Awareness for this campaign was driven through media relations, online channels and through partnerships with ESPN and Crowdtrap.
"The cause is important to our employees and customers," said David Kargas, Associate Director of PR and Digital Marketing at The Clorox Company, Kingsford’s parent company. "It’s a great fit for this campaign because active-duty military members really miss getting together with friends and family. So when people get together to grill and watch a game, they can spend a moment honoring military members unable to join them."
During the University of Wisconsin and Louisiana State University football game this summer, Kingsford grilled meals for more than 150 military active-duty members, veterans and their families. On the same day across America, Crowdtrap connected over 1,000 grilling enthusiasts to share their experiences using #TailgateForOurTroops.
By the end of the campaign, the $50,000 fundraising cap was met and the #TailgateForOurTroops hashtag was used 10,140 times, garnering 5.5 million media impressions. Earned media stories also ran on SiriusXM and ABC Sports.
- R/GA Tokyo + MUJI Give the Gift of Color - Published on 12/14/2017
- McCann Health & CARE Confront Death by Overdose from Prescription Drugs - Published on 12/14/2017
- McCann and CATHAY PACIFIC BREATHE NEW LIFE INTO OLD UNIFORMS WITH ‘WELL TRAVELLED LAI SEE’ - Published on 12/12/2017
- Holiday Spot From M:United/McCann and Microsoft Focuses on the Power of Kindness and Inclusion - Published on 12/12/2017
- Jack Morton and Royal Caribbean Tell a Story of Innovation - Published on 12/11/2017
- McCann Lima and Calidda Send Message About Air Pollution - Published on 12/07/2017
- Deutsch Staffer Supports Charities Using Tech Skills - Published on 12/01/2017
- McCann and NY Lottery Bring Home Holiday Magic with Bodega Cat - Published on 11/30/2017
- IPG Makes Commitment to charity: water - Published on 11/28/2017
- Ronald McDonald House Honors Al Golin - Published on 11/27/2017