Golin Provides PR Support for “Gay Sweater’s” Fashion Week Debut
Golin worked with The Canadian Centre for Gender and Sexual Diversity (CCGSD) to provide PR support for the launch of the world’s first and only “gay” object” – a sweater knit from the donated hair of more than 100 LGBT people which had its debut during Toronto Fashion Week.
The “Gay Sweater” was created to communicate that it is incorrect and offensive to use language like “that’s so gay” as a negative descriptor. #TheGaySweater also aims to raise awareness of the detrimental effects that such misuse of the word gay has on LGBT youth.
Along with the sweater, a short film gives voice to youth who have been impacted by the derogatory use of the word ‘gay’ and showcases the process that went into creating the one-of-a-kind sweater. Readers can follow that conversation and all sweater-related content on the website and by searching the hashtag #TheGaySweater.
- MullenLowe and Boppy Launch #NeverNotAMom - Published on 01/19/2018
- McCann XBC and Mastercard 'Start Something Priceless' - Published on 01/19/2018
- MullenLowe Launches Work for New Subaru Model - Published on 01/18/2018
- FCB/Six Creates Tool for LGBTQ+ Travelers - Published on 01/18/2018
- DeVries Global and Zippo celebrate the Brand’s 86 years as an Unconventional Canvas - Published on 01/18/2018
- View the charity: water Journey - Published on 01/11/2018
- FCB New Zealand Stresses Importance of Smoke Alarms - Published on 01/11/2018
- McCann and L'Oréal Launch ‘Comeback’ During Golden Globes - Published on 01/10/2018
- Shining a Spotlight on National Design Leadership - Published on 01/10/2018
- Jack Morton Creates Fireworks Display to Celebrate Women’s Suffrage Centenary - Published on 01/05/2018