AREA 23 and Be the Match Aim to Expand the Bone Marrow Registry
For people diagnosed with blood cancer, a bone marrow transplant is often their only hope for survival. Unfortunately, 70% of people don’t have a donor match in their family and depend on individuals in the donor database to come to their rescue. With only 1 in 500 registrants who will ever actually go on to donate, expanding the registry gives more patients hope for salvation.
To increase the size of the National Bone Marrow Database, Be the Match and AREA 23 teamed up to host a donor registration drive at New York Comic Con. The drive called, “The Hero Gene,” will take place from October 8-11. Attendees will participate in cheek swabs to find out if they have “The Hero Gene,” and demonstrate a commitment to help save lives threatened by blood cancer.
For more information on how to become a donor, check out https://join.bethematch.org/YOURHEROGENE.
- AHG Places Third in Dragon Boat Race - Published on 08/16/2017
- Mastercard New Zealand and McCann Sydney Launch ‘Tap for your town to play Richie’ - Published on 08/11/2017
- FCB Launches New Ad Council Campaign on Smokey Bear’s Birthday - Published on 08/10/2017
- Jack Morton and Charmin Bring On-Demand Bathrooms to NYC - Published on 08/10/2017
- IPG Mediabrands Creates Future Academy - Published on 08/08/2017
- McCann NY and New York Lottery Ask, ‘How Would You Spend it?’ - Published on 08/08/2017
- IPG Presents the 2017 Inclusion Awards - Published on 08/04/2017
- Hill Holliday Launches Ad Council Campaign About New Lung Cancer Screening - Published on 08/01/2017
- IPG and CMG Host Green Day Event - Published on 08/01/2017
- Carmichael Lynch Shows How Jack Link’s ‘Beats the Snack out of Other Snacks' - Published on 07/31/2017