AREA 23 and Be the Match Aim to Expand the Bone Marrow Registry
For people diagnosed with blood cancer, a bone marrow transplant is often their only hope for survival. Unfortunately, 70% of people don’t have a donor match in their family and depend on individuals in the donor database to come to their rescue. With only 1 in 500 registrants who will ever actually go on to donate, expanding the registry gives more patients hope for salvation.
To increase the size of the National Bone Marrow Database, Be the Match and AREA 23 teamed up to host a donor registration drive at New York Comic Con. The drive called, “The Hero Gene,” will take place from October 8-11. Attendees will participate in cheek swabs to find out if they have “The Hero Gene,” and demonstrate a commitment to help save lives threatened by blood cancer.
For more information on how to become a donor, check out https://join.bethematch.org/YOURHEROGENE.
- McCann Lima Encourages Sex Education in Peru - Published on 05/23/2017
- FCB and Hansaplast Create Bandage That Helps Heal Emotional Wounds - Published on 05/21/2017
- SociedAD and Milk PEP Showcase the Role of Moms - Published on 05/18/2017
- FCB Brasil and Estadão Show the Costs of Corruption - Published on 05/16/2017
- WLN NY Hosts 'Getting to 50/50: A Conversation on What it Will Take' - Published on 05/15/2017
- McCann Prague and Bata Support Women’s Empowerment - Published on 05/12/2017
- Mullen Lintas Bangalore and Tata Tea Fight Student Depression and Suicide - Published on 05/09/2017
- The Martin Agency Creates ‘Humvent’ Calendar for Sabra and National Hummus Day - Published on 05/09/2017
- Hill Holliday Shows How Serena Williams is ‘Powered by Tempur-Pedic’ - Published on 05/08/2017
- MRM//McCann Spain and Santander Bank Show That Life Goes Beyond Money - Published on 05/05/2017