Safepoint Trust LifeSavers
Children around the world in developing countries were contracting HIV through contaminated reusable syringes. Marc Koska, the inventor of the K1 single-use syringe -- the LifeSaver -- and founder of SafePoint Charity, had been trying to convince the healthcare profession to move from standard syringes to auto destruct syringes for 30 years with relatively little impact. He came to McCann Health to help him convince the World Health Organization that this syringe should be adopted globally.
Health workers saw syringes as a commodity and the drugs inside them as the important part. Governments and manufacturers saw a switch to re-usable syringes as unimportant.
McCann Health created The LifeSaver campaign which encapsulated the need for the auto-destruct syringe and placed arguments in front of decision makers and influencers in simple graphic form to change the way drugs are administered. This powerful, creative and impactful work resulted in a change in behaviour as well as a change of policy.
- McCann Torre Lazur Acts on Suicide Prevention - Published on 11/21/2017
- Campbell Ewald and Milk Partner in Olympics TV Ads - Published on 11/16/2017
- IPG Volunteers Serve Meals to the Elderly - Published on 11/15/2017
- McCann Global Health Joins Clean Cooking Champions - Published on 11/15/2017
- FCB Ulka and Times of India Move from Division to Inclusivity - Published on 11/14/2017
- MullenLowe Helps Imagine an End to Alzheimer’s - Published on 11/10/2017
- U.S. BANK AND CARMICHAEL LYNCH LAUNCH THE ‘NOSTALCHIC’ COLLECTION TO PROMOTE HOME EQUITY LOANS MINNEAPOLIS - Published on 11/09/2017
- Interpublic Receives Perfect Score on 2018 HRC Corporate Equality Index - Published on 11/09/2017
- Planet Fitness: New Year's Eve - Published on 11/07/2017
- Bank of America Mobile Banking App - Published on 11/07/2017