McCann and Western Union Bring Light to Indian Villages
McCann Worldgroup India is helping its client Western Union India give back to local communities in India leading up to the Diwali holiday, an ancient Hindu festival--"the holiday of lights"--celebrated every Fall. The ad campaign explains how Western Union is contributing money for every money transfer it processes with an Indian destination and that all of the funds will be used to provide lights to a number of Indian villages that have no electricity.
The initiative is part of a global effort, "The Chain of Betters," from Western Union. McCann is spreading the word in India via an online film that tells the story of Manoj Pandey, who returns home after 10 years to his village, to witness something special: his village getting electricity. The campaign is also targeted at Indian citizens who live or work in the USA, Canada, UK, KSA,UAE, Malaysia, Singapore, Australia and New Zealand, and are most likely to use Western Union to send money home.
- Don’t Get Mad. Get E*TRADE. - Published on 06/20/2017
- IPG Hosts Global Women of Color Summit at Cannes Festival of Creativity - Published on 06/20/2017
- Cadreon and MAGNA Launch Women’s Impact Group - Published on 06/15/2017
- The Martin Agency and Boyz II Men Make Anything Sound Good for GEICO - Published on 06/14/2017
- IPG Works to Mobilize Gen Z Around UN Sustainable Development Goals - Published on 06/13/2017
- Tierney Kicks off Pride Month in Philadelphia with a New Pride Flag - Published on 06/12/2017
- FastFW: An IPG Innovation Summit Convenes Leading Creators, Technologists - Published on 06/08/2017
- IPG Joins Unprecedented Commitment to Advance Diversity & Inclusion in the Workplace - Published on 06/07/2017
- FCB Inferno Encourages Girls to Play Strong - Published on 06/06/2017
- R/GA and Samsung Launch New TV with One Billion Colors - Published on 06/06/2017