McCann and Western Union Bring Light to Indian Villages
McCann Worldgroup India is helping its client Western Union India give back to local communities in India leading up to the Diwali holiday, an ancient Hindu festival--"the holiday of lights"--celebrated every Fall. The ad campaign explains how Western Union is contributing money for every money transfer it processes with an Indian destination and that all of the funds will be used to provide lights to a number of Indian villages that have no electricity.
The initiative is part of a global effort, "The Chain of Betters," from Western Union. McCann is spreading the word in India via an online film that tells the story of Manoj Pandey, who returns home after 10 years to his village, to witness something special: his village getting electricity. The campaign is also targeted at Indian citizens who live or work in the USA, Canada, UK, KSA,UAE, Malaysia, Singapore, Australia and New Zealand, and are most likely to use Western Union to send money home.
- IPG And The ADVERTISING Club of New York Host First-Ever Summit on Black Women in Advertising - Published on 03/24/2017
- IPG Hosts World Water Day Program - Published on 03/23/2017
- McCann Global Health Awarded National Sanitation Campaign in Tanzania - Published on 03/22/2017
- Carmichael Lynch and Evereve Redefine "Dress Like A Mom" - Published on 03/21/2017
- Coolin' Down With Sasquatch And Tituss Burgess - Published on 03/21/2017
- FCB Chicago and Radio Flyer Create Kids’ Travel Agency - Published on 03/21/2017
- LOLA MullenLowe and Magnum Celebrate Diversity, Pleasure and Acceptance - Published on 03/20/2017
- FCB New York Warns Teens About the Dangers of Smoking - Published on 03/17/2017
- McCann Supports National Kidney Walk - Published on 03/15/2017
- Weber Social Impact Practice Issues New Report on Purpose-Driven Organizations - Published on 03/14/2017