McCann and Western Union Bring Light to Indian Villages
McCann Worldgroup India is helping its client Western Union India give back to local communities in India leading up to the Diwali holiday, an ancient Hindu festival--"the holiday of lights"--celebrated every Fall. The ad campaign explains how Western Union is contributing money for every money transfer it processes with an Indian destination and that all of the funds will be used to provide lights to a number of Indian villages that have no electricity.
The initiative is part of a global effort, "The Chain of Betters," from Western Union. McCann is spreading the word in India via an online film that tells the story of Manoj Pandey, who returns home after 10 years to his village, to witness something special: his village getting electricity. The campaign is also targeted at Indian citizens who live or work in the USA, Canada, UK, KSA,UAE, Malaysia, Singapore, Australia and New Zealand, and are most likely to use Western Union to send money home.
- Carmichael Lynch and Arla Foods Launch “Live Unprocessed” - Published on 04/27/2017
- McCann London Urges us to Forget Our Differences to Support those with Alzheimer’s - Published on 04/26/2017
- McCann NY Launches New Nespresso Work Starring George Clooney - Published on 04/26/2017
- McCann Worldgroup Europe Disrupts LinkedIn Profiles on Behalf of Future Leaders - Published on 04/21/2017
- TK Maxx Makes the Improbable Possible in New Campaign from 303 MullenLowe - Published on 04/20/2017
- FCB Lisbon and Royal Canin Open "The Furmacy" - Published on 04/19/2017
- Al Golin, Pioneer of PR and Cause Marketing, Dies at 87 - Published on 04/17/2017
- IPG Published in Business Roundtable Sustainability Report - Published on 04/17/2017
- McCann Paris Creates Social Media Campaign About Abused Children - Published on 04/13/2017
- Advantage and Microsoft Launch #WeAreMore for Special Olympics - Published on 04/11/2017