McCann and Western Union Bring Light to Indian Villages
McCann Worldgroup India is helping its client Western Union India give back to local communities in India leading up to the Diwali holiday, an ancient Hindu festival--"the holiday of lights"--celebrated every Fall. The ad campaign explains how Western Union is contributing money for every money transfer it processes with an Indian destination and that all of the funds will be used to provide lights to a number of Indian villages that have no electricity.
The initiative is part of a global effort, "The Chain of Betters," from Western Union. McCann is spreading the word in India via an online film that tells the story of Manoj Pandey, who returns home after 10 years to his village, to witness something special: his village getting electricity. The campaign is also targeted at Indian citizens who live or work in the USA, Canada, UK, KSA,UAE, Malaysia, Singapore, Australia and New Zealand, and are most likely to use Western Union to send money home.
- AHG Places Third in Dragon Boat Race - Published on 08/16/2017
- Mastercard New Zealand and McCann Sydney Launch ‘Tap for your town to play Richie’ - Published on 08/11/2017
- FCB Launches New Ad Council Campaign on Smokey Bear’s Birthday - Published on 08/10/2017
- Jack Morton and Charmin Bring On-Demand Bathrooms to NYC - Published on 08/10/2017
- IPG Mediabrands Creates Future Academy - Published on 08/08/2017
- McCann NY and New York Lottery Ask, ‘How Would You Spend it?’ - Published on 08/08/2017
- IPG Presents the 2017 Inclusion Awards - Published on 08/04/2017
- Hill Holliday Launches Ad Council Campaign About New Lung Cancer Screening - Published on 08/01/2017
- IPG and CMG Host Green Day Event - Published on 08/01/2017
- Carmichael Lynch Shows How Jack Link’s ‘Beats the Snack out of Other Snacks' - Published on 07/31/2017