PNC Bank and Deutsch Build the World’s First Life-Size Gingerbread Bank
PNC Bank recently released its 32nd annual Christmas Price Index. This Index mimics the Consumer Price Index by pricing out each gift from the classic Christmas carol, The 12 Days of Christmas. But this year, Deutsch & PNC wanted to bring fun and finance together for the holidays, by building the world’s first life-size bank branch made of real gingerbread! The PNC Gingerbread Branch was open to the public for several days at Penn’s Landing in Philadelphia.
Inside the Gingerbread Branch, kids and their families learned about the gifts and their prices from 12 beautiful columns meticulously crafted by expert pastry chefs. They enjoyed hot cocoa and gingerbread cookies from the Cookie Counter. The Gingerbread Branch wasn’t just a showcase for the Christmas Price Index, it was a working PNC Bank branch, where you could open an account or get some cash from a cookie-encrusted ATM. The design and architecture of the branch was part Art Deco and part Willy Wonka.
For those who couldn’t make it to the Gingerbread Branch in person, a 360 augmented-reality tour is available online.
Gingerbread Branch Statistics:
3,547 cups of hot chocolate distributed
3,043 gingerbread cookies distributed
- McCann Health Works to Destigmatize Mental Health - Published on 10/20/2017
- McCann Health & Afghan Ministry of Public Health Partner To Increase Childhood Vaccination Rates - Published on 10/19/2017
- WLN NY Makes Strides Against Breast Cancer - Published on 10/16/2017
- Deutsch LA Partners with Tile to Help Find a Lost Panda - Published on 10/13/2017
- Area 23 and DKMS Partner to Save Lives from Blood Cancer - Published on 10/12/2017
- Media Experts Raises Money for At-Risk Parents - Published on 10/12/2017
- Marathon Motivator - Published on 10/11/2017
- Middle-Earth: Shadow of War - Published on 10/11/2017
- Dress Like a Mom - Published on 10/09/2017
- From Guy Snack to "My Snack" - Published on 10/09/2017