Area 23 Uses the Arts to Raise Awareness About Lung Disease
Area 23, working with client Insmed, has launched a new disease awareness campaign to elevate the importance of diagnosing NTM (nontuberculous mycobacteria), a rare but serious lung disease.
The problem, in a nutshell, is that words alone simply weren’t getting it done. For a person suffering from undiagnosed NTM, their complaints about painful and disruptive symptoms fell on deaf ears. Doctors put a low priority on diagnosing and treating NTM, leaving patients to suffer for months, even years without ever knowing what’s wrong with them.
Our idea was simple: Connect real NTM patients with artists from around the world who can help bring the impact of NTM on patients to vivid life. Area 23 was responsible for creative conception as well as finding the artists and connecting NTM sufferers with them. The one-of-a-kind pieces of art that were created ran in medical publications as well as banner ads and at trade shows. They are meant to help doctors realize the impact NTM is having on their patients’ lives and motivate them to work with patients to find solutions.
- McCann Lima Encourages Sex Education in Peru - Published on 05/23/2017
- FCB and Hansaplast Create Bandage That Helps Heal Emotional Wounds - Published on 05/21/2017
- SociedAD and Milk PEP Showcase the Role of Moms - Published on 05/18/2017
- FCB Brasil and Estadão Show the Costs of Corruption - Published on 05/16/2017
- WLN NY Hosts 'Getting to 50/50: A Conversation on What it Will Take' - Published on 05/15/2017
- McCann Prague and Bata Support Women’s Empowerment - Published on 05/12/2017
- Mullen Lintas Bangalore and Tata Tea Fight Student Depression and Suicide - Published on 05/09/2017
- The Martin Agency Creates ‘Humvent’ Calendar for Sabra and National Hummus Day - Published on 05/09/2017
- Hill Holliday Shows How Serena Williams is ‘Powered by Tempur-Pedic’ - Published on 05/08/2017
- MRM//McCann Spain and Santander Bank Show That Life Goes Beyond Money - Published on 05/05/2017