Area 23 Uses the Arts to Raise Awareness About Lung Disease
Area 23, working with client Insmed, has launched a new disease awareness campaign to elevate the importance of diagnosing NTM (nontuberculous mycobacteria), a rare but serious lung disease.
The problem, in a nutshell, is that words alone simply weren’t getting it done. For a person suffering from undiagnosed NTM, their complaints about painful and disruptive symptoms fell on deaf ears. Doctors put a low priority on diagnosing and treating NTM, leaving patients to suffer for months, even years without ever knowing what’s wrong with them.
Our idea was simple: Connect real NTM patients with artists from around the world who can help bring the impact of NTM on patients to vivid life. Area 23 was responsible for creative conception as well as finding the artists and connecting NTM sufferers with them. The one-of-a-kind pieces of art that were created ran in medical publications as well as banner ads and at trade shows. They are meant to help doctors realize the impact NTM is having on their patients’ lives and motivate them to work with patients to find solutions.
- Cheese Board Challenge Lifts Sales and Improves Distribution in a Disorderly Deli - Published on 03/28/2017
- IPG Summit on Black Women in Advertising Draws Record Crowds, Trends Number 2 on Twitter - Published on 03/28/2017
- National Painting Week Inspires Care for Communities - Published on 03/28/2017
- IPG Hosts World Water Day Program - Published on 03/23/2017
- McCann Global Health Awarded National Sanitation Campaign in Tanzania - Published on 03/22/2017
- Carmichael Lynch and Evereve Redefine "Dress Like A Mom" - Published on 03/21/2017
- Coolin' Down With Sasquatch And Tituss Burgess - Published on 03/21/2017
- FCB Chicago and Radio Flyer Create Kids’ Travel Agency - Published on 03/21/2017
- IPG And The ADVERTISING Club of New York Host First-Ever Summit on Black Women in Advertising - Published on 03/21/2017
- LOLA MullenLowe and Magnum Celebrate Diversity, Pleasure and Acceptance - Published on 03/20/2017