Area 23 Uses the Arts to Raise Awareness About Lung Disease
Area 23, working with client Insmed, has launched a new disease awareness campaign to elevate the importance of diagnosing NTM (nontuberculous mycobacteria), a rare but serious lung disease.
The problem, in a nutshell, is that words alone simply weren’t getting it done. For a person suffering from undiagnosed NTM, their complaints about painful and disruptive symptoms fell on deaf ears. Doctors put a low priority on diagnosing and treating NTM, leaving patients to suffer for months, even years without ever knowing what’s wrong with them.
Our idea was simple: Connect real NTM patients with artists from around the world who can help bring the impact of NTM on patients to vivid life. Area 23 was responsible for creative conception as well as finding the artists and connecting NTM sufferers with them. The one-of-a-kind pieces of art that were created ran in medical publications as well as banner ads and at trade shows. They are meant to help doctors realize the impact NTM is having on their patients’ lives and motivate them to work with patients to find solutions.
- FCB NY and LG Launch ‘TV for the Serious Watcher' - Published on 06/28/2017
- IPGLBT Celebrates Pride Month - Published on 06/26/2017
- Don’t Get Mad. Get E*TRADE. - Published on 06/20/2017
- IPG Hosts Global Women of Color Summit at Cannes Festival of Creativity - Published on 06/20/2017
- Cadreon and MAGNA Launch Women’s Impact Group - Published on 06/15/2017
- The Martin Agency and Boyz II Men Make Anything Sound Good for GEICO - Published on 06/14/2017
- IPG Works to Mobilize Gen Z Around UN Sustainable Development Goals - Published on 06/13/2017
- Tierney Kicks off Pride Month in Philadelphia with a New Pride Flag - Published on 06/12/2017
- FastFW: An IPG Innovation Summit Convenes Leading Creators, Technologists - Published on 06/08/2017
- IPG Joins Unprecedented Commitment to Advance Diversity & Inclusion in the Workplace - Published on 06/07/2017