Area 23 Uses the Arts to Raise Awareness About Lung Disease
Area 23, working with client Insmed, has launched a new disease awareness campaign to elevate the importance of diagnosing NTM (nontuberculous mycobacteria), a rare but serious lung disease.
The problem, in a nutshell, is that words alone simply weren’t getting it done. For a person suffering from undiagnosed NTM, their complaints about painful and disruptive symptoms fell on deaf ears. Doctors put a low priority on diagnosing and treating NTM, leaving patients to suffer for months, even years without ever knowing what’s wrong with them.
Our idea was simple: Connect real NTM patients with artists from around the world who can help bring the impact of NTM on patients to vivid life. Area 23 was responsible for creative conception as well as finding the artists and connecting NTM sufferers with them. The one-of-a-kind pieces of art that were created ran in medical publications as well as banner ads and at trade shows. They are meant to help doctors realize the impact NTM is having on their patients’ lives and motivate them to work with patients to find solutions.
- Mastercard New Zealand and McCann Sydney Launch ‘Tap for your town to play Richie’ - Published on 08/11/2017
- FCB Launches New Ad Council Campaign on Smokey Bear’s Birthday - Published on 08/10/2017
- Jack Morton and Charmin Bring On-Demand Bathrooms to NYC - Published on 08/10/2017
- IPG Mediabrands Creates Future Academy - Published on 08/08/2017
- McCann NY and New York Lottery Ask, ‘How Would You Spend it?’ - Published on 08/08/2017
- IPG Presents the 2017 Inclusion Awards - Published on 08/04/2017
- Hill Holliday Launches Ad Council Campaign About New Lung Cancer Screening - Published on 08/01/2017
- IPG and CMG Host Green Day Event - Published on 08/01/2017
- Carmichael Lynch Shows How Jack Link’s ‘Beats the Snack out of Other Snacks' - Published on 07/31/2017
- FCB Health and Teva Women's Health Launch 'No B.S.' Campaign - Published on 07/26/2017