KRC Partners with American Airlines on Effective Communication
Like most major airlines, American Airlines faces a wide range of communications challenges, including the challenge of sustaining and building its reputation during a period of industry transformation; challenges related to employee communications; and challenges related to communicating quickly and effectively in the aftermath of problems and crises. For American Airlines, of course, the ultimate crisis was September 11, 2001, when its planes, passengers, and crews were victims of the terrorist attacks.
Throughout the past several years, Weber Shandwick has worked closely with American Airlines’ to manage its communications challenges, and KRC has worked closely with the communications team to provide accurate and timely research on stakeholder feelings, perceptions, and priorities.
For many years, KRC has supported American Airlines communications strategies by providing research. Among other assignments, these have included:
- Research in the immediate aftermath of September 11 to help the company communicate clearly and honestly with the public, with policy-makers, and with its own employees about the safety of flying
- Research among the company’s employees to gather feedback on their feelings about the company and about their preferences for communication
- Research among the flying public, to track the company’s reputation, and assess the impact of a variety of events and challenges.
KRC's research for American has equipped both the company and Weber Shandwick to manage its issues and communications from a position of knowledge. By staying well-informed and knowledgeable about their stakeholders perspectives, communicators have consistently been able to communicate more effectively.
- McCann Health Works to Destigmatize Mental Health - Published on 10/20/2017
- McCann Health & Afghan Ministry of Public Health Partner To Increase Childhood Vaccination Rates - Published on 10/19/2017
- WLN NY Makes Strides Against Breast Cancer - Published on 10/16/2017
- Deutsch LA Partners with Tile to Help Find a Lost Panda - Published on 10/13/2017
- Area 23 and DKMS Partner to Save Lives from Blood Cancer - Published on 10/12/2017
- Media Experts Raises Money for At-Risk Parents - Published on 10/12/2017
- Marathon Motivator - Published on 10/11/2017
- Middle-Earth: Shadow of War - Published on 10/11/2017
- Dress Like a Mom - Published on 10/09/2017
- From Guy Snack to "My Snack" - Published on 10/09/2017