McCann and Coca-Cola Adapt Olympic Campaign for China
Coca-Cola China has unveiled its Olympics-themed advertising campaign that will lead up into this summer’s Rio Olympics. The campaign leverages the global “That’s Gold” marketing platform of Coca-Cola by celebrating the human elements that allow for everyone to have a “Gold Moment.”
The challenge for McCann Shanghai was to redefine "That’s Gold” to resonate with Chinese consumers. The agency saw in its research that most Chinese consumers believe the moments they remembered most in their lives were always connected to loved ones and their devoted supporters. That research came to life immediately when McCann saw the very emotional real-life relationship between Chinese Olympic swimmer Sun Yang and his mother, along with all of the other friends, family, teachers and coaches who have helped him.
Sun Yang and his family are featured in the first spot. A second TV spot features Lang Lang, one of China’s most famous pianists and world renowned as one of the great classical musicians. He is featured with his 87-year-old piano teacher Yafen Zhu, who Lang Lang cherishes and who has always been there for him since he was 3 years old.
- McCann Health Works to Destigmatize Mental Health - Published on 10/20/2017
- McCann Health & Afghan Ministry of Public Health Partner To Increase Childhood Vaccination Rates - Published on 10/19/2017
- WLN NY Makes Strides Against Breast Cancer - Published on 10/16/2017
- Deutsch LA Partners with Tile to Help Find a Lost Panda - Published on 10/13/2017
- Area 23 and DKMS Partner to Save Lives from Blood Cancer - Published on 10/12/2017
- Media Experts Raises Money for At-Risk Parents - Published on 10/12/2017
- Marathon Motivator - Published on 10/11/2017
- Middle-Earth: Shadow of War - Published on 10/11/2017
- Dress Like a Mom - Published on 10/09/2017
- From Guy Snack to "My Snack" - Published on 10/09/2017