Jack Morton Harnesses the Power of Google to Bring Music Fans Closer
Paul Oakenfold was playing the closing party of the Asia Pacific International Music Summit to a room of some of the biggest names in electronic music. Google approached Jack Morton to turn the experience into something extraordinary – using the opportunity to drive people to Google platforms, to create ongoing conversations with fans, and to prove that they understand the industry.
The big challenge was that the summit was an existing event with a superstar DJ. So, how could we use Google’s platforms to enhance the experience (not only fulfilling their objectives but also making it the party of the year) without making it a "Google" event?
We developed the idea of "closer," an experiment in live performance that would seamlessly translate the connective power of Google’s platforms into the live environment to create an unforgettable experience.
Using state-of-the-art technology integrated with Google products, we removed the barrier between audience and artist. Bioreactive wristbands connected to fans' social networks used motion and emotional data to transform the space and music in real time, connecting people to each other and to the music in ways like never before. This formed the bridge between the live and digital worlds, allowing us to use the unique powers of Google Hangouts and YouTube in harmony to make an ephemeral moment last far beyond the performance itself.
The entire experience was supported by a strong pre- and post-event digital engagement strategy – connecting over 3 million people to the experience, to each other, and to Google.
- MullenLowe and Boppy Launch #NeverNotAMom - Published on 01/19/2018
- McCann XBC and Mastercard 'Start Something Priceless' - Published on 01/19/2018
- MullenLowe Launches Work for New Subaru Model - Published on 01/18/2018
- FCB/Six Creates Tool for LGBTQ+ Travelers - Published on 01/18/2018
- DeVries Global and Zippo celebrate the Brand’s 86 years as an Unconventional Canvas - Published on 01/18/2018
- View the charity: water Journey - Published on 01/11/2018
- FCB New Zealand Stresses Importance of Smoke Alarms - Published on 01/11/2018
- McCann and L'Oréal Launch ‘Comeback’ During Golden Globes - Published on 01/10/2018
- Shining a Spotlight on National Design Leadership - Published on 01/10/2018
- Jack Morton Creates Fireworks Display to Celebrate Women’s Suffrage Centenary - Published on 01/05/2018