Commonwealth//McCann Detroit Helps Mark Camaro’s 50th Birthday
Some things come and go without ever making their mark. Others become icons, leaving an impression that lasts for generations. The Chevrolet Camaro is one of those icons. So when it came time to celebrate the legendary muscle car’s 50th birthday, Commonwealth//McCann Detroit invented a body of work as powerful as the Camaro itself – including an interactive timeline based on a larger-than-life mural that explores the car’s rich history, along with a retrospective video, both viewable on www.CamaroFifty.com.
The goal was to celebrate the past, present and future of the Camaro, honoring its engineering and innovative design history while telling a compelling story of the car’s history and evolution – and presenting the new, sixth-generation Camaro as the next legend in the Camaro story.
Commonwealth//McCann Detroit partnered with the art and design collective ILOVEDUST to bring the mural to life in a historic Detroit warehouse. The 11 x 60 foot piece captures all six generations of Camaro in the context of their eras, illustrating the car’s history and cultural relevance right up to the lightest, leanest, meanest Gen Six Camaro. The interactive timeline based on the mural gives viewers the chance not only to see the different sections of the painting in detail, but to check out photos and facts about each generation of the Camaro.
Plus, the time-lapse video the team created shows amazing footage of each generation of vehicle as well as a guest appearance by the 2017 ZL1, which will debut later this year.
- McCann and CATHAY PACIFIC BREATHE NEW LIFE INTO OLD UNIFORMS WITH ‘WELL TRAVELLED LAI SEE’ - Published on 12/12/2017
- Holiday Spot From M:United/McCann and Microsoft Focuses on the Power of Kindness and Inclusion - Published on 12/12/2017
- Jack Morton and Royal Caribbean Tell a Story of Innovation - Published on 12/11/2017
- McCann Lima and Calidda Send Message About Air Pollution - Published on 12/07/2017
- Deutsch Staffer Supports Charities Using Tech Skills - Published on 12/01/2017
- McCann and NY Lottery Bring Home Holiday Magic with Bodega Cat - Published on 11/30/2017
- IPG Makes Commitment to charity: water - Published on 11/28/2017
- Ronald McDonald House Honors Al Golin - Published on 11/27/2017
- McCann Torre Lazur Acts on Suicide Prevention - Published on 11/21/2017
- Campbell Ewald and Milk Partner in Olympics TV Ads - Published on 11/16/2017