Weber Shandwick and McCann Global Health Support Public-Private Coalition to Fight Disease
The United Nations Sustainable Development Goal 3 sets an ambitious target to reduce premature deaths from non-communicable diseases (NCDs) – including cancer, diabetes, chronic respiratory diseases and mental health disorders—by a third by 2030. NCDs account for 38 million deaths annually, a significant percentage of which occur in low and lower-middle income countries. The private sector – and innovative healthcare industry in particular—have an important role to play in advancing progress towards this target.
Acknowledging this need, in January 2017 at the World Economic Forum, 22 biopharmaceutical companies, working in partnership with the World Bank Group and Union for International Cancer Control (UICC) came together to launch Access Accelerated—a global initiative to advance access to NCD treatment and care in low and lower middle income countries.
Weber Shandwick & McCann Global Health partnered to support the launch of the coalition, beginning with the development of the Access Accelerated brand and brand assets, including website, Twitter channel and anthem video. The global campaign included a side event at Davos—convening over 70 global health and development stakeholders— media partnership with The Economist and earned media outreach, which resulted in 70+ placements in outlets such as Reuters, Financial Times and Devex.
To learn more about the partnership, visit accessaccelerated.org.
- McCann Health Works to Destigmatize Mental Health - Published on 10/20/2017
- McCann Health & Afghan Ministry of Public Health Partner To Increase Childhood Vaccination Rates - Published on 10/19/2017
- WLN NY Makes Strides Against Breast Cancer - Published on 10/16/2017
- Deutsch LA Partners with Tile to Help Find a Lost Panda - Published on 10/13/2017
- Area 23 and DKMS Partner to Save Lives from Blood Cancer - Published on 10/12/2017
- Media Experts Raises Money for At-Risk Parents - Published on 10/12/2017
- Marathon Motivator - Published on 10/11/2017
- Middle-Earth: Shadow of War - Published on 10/11/2017
- Dress Like a Mom - Published on 10/09/2017
- From Guy Snack to "My Snack" - Published on 10/09/2017