m:united//McCann and Microsoft Urge Girls to Stay in STEM to Change the World
For this year’s edition of its #MakeWhatsNext campaign – again linked to International Women’s Day - m:united//McCann worked with Microsoft to build on the success of its outreach over the past two years and inject a sense of urgency and scale.
In the videos, Microsoft asks girls about the problems they are most passionate about solving, conveys their excitement about what they could achieve – ranging from finding solutions to climate change to curing cancer - and also the harsh reality: without the necessary STEM [Science, Technology, Engineering and Math] skills, they probably won’t solve them.
Currently, only 6.7 percent of U.S. women (and 16 percent of women globally) graduate college with STEM degrees. The plea to girls: to change the world stay in STEM and #MakeWhatsNext.
As part of this initiative, Microsoft will introduce new programs and resources on www.MakeWhatsNext.com that will help young girls take the next step in making their STEM dreams a reality, including a new experiental tool being launched by Microsoft and LinkedIn to demonstrate how girls can pursue their passions across industries and social causes.
The campaign will span broadcast, online/digital, events and social media including Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Twitter, which will have a “First View,” a first for Microsoft and Twitter, and a Twitter Conversation Card to showcase the video and drive conversation.
- McCann Health Works to Destigmatize Mental Health - Published on 10/20/2017
- McCann Health & Afghan Ministry of Public Health Partner To Increase Childhood Vaccination Rates - Published on 10/19/2017
- WLN NY Makes Strides Against Breast Cancer - Published on 10/16/2017
- Deutsch LA Partners with Tile to Help Find a Lost Panda - Published on 10/13/2017
- Area 23 and DKMS Partner to Save Lives from Blood Cancer - Published on 10/12/2017
- Media Experts Raises Money for At-Risk Parents - Published on 10/12/2017
- Marathon Motivator - Published on 10/11/2017
- Middle-Earth: Shadow of War - Published on 10/11/2017
- Dress Like a Mom - Published on 10/09/2017
- From Guy Snack to "My Snack" - Published on 10/09/2017