m:united//McCann and Microsoft Urge Girls to Stay in STEM to Change the World
For this year’s edition of its #MakeWhatsNext campaign – again linked to International Women’s Day - m:united//McCann worked with Microsoft to build on the success of its outreach over the past two years and inject a sense of urgency and scale.
In the videos, Microsoft asks girls about the problems they are most passionate about solving, conveys their excitement about what they could achieve – ranging from finding solutions to climate change to curing cancer - and also the harsh reality: without the necessary STEM [Science, Technology, Engineering and Math] skills, they probably won’t solve them.
Currently, only 6.7 percent of U.S. women (and 16 percent of women globally) graduate college with STEM degrees. The plea to girls: to change the world stay in STEM and #MakeWhatsNext.
As part of this initiative, Microsoft will introduce new programs and resources on www.MakeWhatsNext.com that will help young girls take the next step in making their STEM dreams a reality, including a new experiental tool being launched by Microsoft and LinkedIn to demonstrate how girls can pursue their passions across industries and social causes.
The campaign will span broadcast, online/digital, events and social media including Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Twitter, which will have a “First View,” a first for Microsoft and Twitter, and a Twitter Conversation Card to showcase the video and drive conversation.
- McCann and CATHAY PACIFIC BREATHE NEW LIFE INTO OLD UNIFORMS WITH ‘WELL TRAVELLED LAI SEE’ - Published on 12/12/2017
- Holiday Spot From M:United/McCann and Microsoft Focuses on the Power of Kindness and Inclusion - Published on 12/12/2017
- Jack Morton and Royal Caribbean Tell a Story of Innovation - Published on 12/11/2017
- McCann Lima and Calidda Send Message About Air Pollution - Published on 12/07/2017
- Deutsch Staffer Supports Charities Using Tech Skills - Published on 12/01/2017
- McCann and NY Lottery Bring Home Holiday Magic with Bodega Cat - Published on 11/30/2017
- IPG Makes Commitment to charity: water - Published on 11/28/2017
- Ronald McDonald House Honors Al Golin - Published on 11/27/2017
- McCann Torre Lazur Acts on Suicide Prevention - Published on 11/21/2017
- Campbell Ewald and Milk Partner in Olympics TV Ads - Published on 11/16/2017