National Painting Week Inspires Care for Communities
During the annual Sherwin-Williams National Painting Week, company employees team up with non-profits and business partners. They protect and beautify homes, neighborhood spaces and landmarks, giving back to the communities they serve, while providing color inspiration for consumers. As the company entered its 150th anniversary year, it challenged Carmichael Lynch Relate to evolve the annual campaign to draw a tighter connection to the company’s long-standing commitment to communities, while improving brand awareness among a younger demographic, and driving sales.
Focus the campaign on good corporate citizenship to showcase the efforts Sherwin-Williams employees make in the 4,000+ communities they serve. Knowing that millennials prefer to spend at companies with a conscience, we aimed for a unifying week with one unifying message: inspiring care for communities.
Sherwin-Williams partnered with local chapters of the Boys & Girls Clubs of America and Canada to help source painting projects. After selecting more than 100 newsworthy efforts, we pitched tailored media alerts for each, which drove coverage in local markets across North America. Millennial-reaching DIY bloggers were also recruited to complete projects in their communities and share results on their blogs and social channels.
In Sherwin-Williams most successful National Painting Week yet, employees from nearly 3,000 stores completed 275+ projects and volunteered more than 24,000 hours to make a difference in communities in both the U.S. and Canada. The campaign garnered 3,000 media placements and 619 million impressions, reaching a wide variety of audiences, including the younger demographic. All this helped to highlight Sherwin-William’s commitment to the community, drive traffic to stores and lift sales in the ever-important spring renovation season. Further, the campaign was a finalist for “Best in Community Relations” at the 2017 PRWeek Awards.
- McCann Health Works to Destigmatize Mental Health - Published on 10/20/2017
- McCann Health & Afghan Ministry of Public Health Partner To Increase Childhood Vaccination Rates - Published on 10/19/2017
- WLN NY Makes Strides Against Breast Cancer - Published on 10/16/2017
- Deutsch LA Partners with Tile to Help Find a Lost Panda - Published on 10/13/2017
- Area 23 and DKMS Partner to Save Lives from Blood Cancer - Published on 10/12/2017
- Media Experts Raises Money for At-Risk Parents - Published on 10/12/2017
- Marathon Motivator - Published on 10/11/2017
- Middle-Earth: Shadow of War - Published on 10/11/2017
- Dress Like a Mom - Published on 10/09/2017
- From Guy Snack to "My Snack" - Published on 10/09/2017