Salvation Army Appoints Weber Shandwick Manchester for Strawberry Field Development
The Salvation Army has named Weber Shandwick Manchester to develop the creative communications strategy and global fundraising campaign for the charity’s redevelopment of Strawberry Field in Liverpool, the location that inspired John Lennon’s song for The Beatles.
Strawberry Fields was a children’s home for decades. John Lennon used to join the children for garden parties there. The site will now undergo a major revival that will include the creation of a training hub for young people with learning disabilities, an exhibition about the links between Lennon and the Strawberry Field children’s home, and a place of spiritual exploration.
Carol-Anne Latta, PR & Communications Manager for The Salvation Army in the UK and Ireland, said, “the Salvation Army is trusted and respected across the world, so we sought an agency with a global outlook, which understands our movement and our role as a custodian of the Strawberry Field site, and shares our vision to help transform lives. Weber Shandwick Manchester ticks all of those boxes and we’re excited to bring our campaign plans to life.”
- McCann and CATHAY PACIFIC BREATHE NEW LIFE INTO OLD UNIFORMS WITH ‘WELL TRAVELLED LAI SEE’ - Published on 12/12/2017
- Holiday Spot From M:United/McCann and Microsoft Focuses on the Power of Kindness and Inclusion - Published on 12/12/2017
- Jack Morton and Royal Caribbean Tell a Story of Innovation - Published on 12/11/2017
- McCann Lima and Calidda Send Message About Air Pollution - Published on 12/07/2017
- Deutsch Staffer Supports Charities Using Tech Skills - Published on 12/01/2017
- McCann and NY Lottery Bring Home Holiday Magic with Bodega Cat - Published on 11/30/2017
- IPG Makes Commitment to charity: water - Published on 11/28/2017
- Ronald McDonald House Honors Al Golin - Published on 11/27/2017
- McCann Torre Lazur Acts on Suicide Prevention - Published on 11/21/2017
- Campbell Ewald and Milk Partner in Olympics TV Ads - Published on 11/16/2017