McCann Vilnius Breaks Silence About Suicide in Lithuania
McCann Vilnius designed and created a custom-made, limited-edition book, “The Book of Broken Silence,” to help fight the problem of suicide in Lithuania. The country’s suicide rate is one of the highest in the world, in part because of the stigma against mental illness —and seeking professional help – in the culture.
McCann Vilnius designed the book to have no name – to express the uncomfortable nature of the conversation (or lack of it) around suicide. The book contains 18 stories from people who lost a friend or a loved one to suicide. The stories are hidden within the pages of the book– to read them, the page bindings need to be ripped open – to symbolize how those in help often hide the truth about their pain.
- McCann Health Works to Destigmatize Mental Health - Published on 10/20/2017
- McCann Health & Afghan Ministry of Public Health Partner To Increase Childhood Vaccination Rates - Published on 10/19/2017
- WLN NY Makes Strides Against Breast Cancer - Published on 10/16/2017
- Deutsch LA Partners with Tile to Help Find a Lost Panda - Published on 10/13/2017
- Area 23 and DKMS Partner to Save Lives from Blood Cancer - Published on 10/12/2017
- Media Experts Raises Money for At-Risk Parents - Published on 10/12/2017
- Marathon Motivator - Published on 10/11/2017
- Middle-Earth: Shadow of War - Published on 10/11/2017
- Dress Like a Mom - Published on 10/09/2017
- From Guy Snack to "My Snack" - Published on 10/09/2017