FCB and Pearson Create First Words to Tackle Adult Illiteracy
Across the world, almost one billion adults can’t read or write. And illiteracy is the crux of some of the largest issues people around the world face on a daily basis. FCB Inferno has partnered with Pearson’s Project Literacy to raise awareness about adult illiteracy and to inspire action around the issue.
“First Words” builds upon the successful 2016 campaign also created by FCB Inferno entitled “Alphabet of Illiteracy,” which won the Cannes Health Lions Grand Prix. “First Words” specifically focuses on intergenerational illiteracy and highlights its cyclical nature, showing how if a parent is unable to read, it is likely to be passed on to the next generation and so on.
“First Words” poignantly depicts the impact illiteracy has on basic day-to-day tasks, as well as the stigma associated with it – Donna avoids the supermarket because she can’t read the labels, and David fears he will get lost on the bus because he can’t read the map. The work also focuses on the empowerment these people feel when they finally learn to read and write. FCB Inferno’s campaign seeks to transform lives through promoting literacy, one generation at a time.
- McCann Health Works to Destigmatize Mental Health - Published on 10/20/2017
- McCann Health & Afghan Ministry of Public Health Partner To Increase Childhood Vaccination Rates - Published on 10/19/2017
- WLN NY Makes Strides Against Breast Cancer - Published on 10/16/2017
- Deutsch LA Partners with Tile to Help Find a Lost Panda - Published on 10/13/2017
- Area 23 and DKMS Partner to Save Lives from Blood Cancer - Published on 10/12/2017
- Media Experts Raises Money for At-Risk Parents - Published on 10/12/2017
- Marathon Motivator - Published on 10/11/2017
- Middle-Earth: Shadow of War - Published on 10/11/2017
- Dress Like a Mom - Published on 10/09/2017
- From Guy Snack to "My Snack" - Published on 10/09/2017