WLN NY Hosts Young Women’s Tech Explorers
On July 21st, the WLN NY chapter hosted a working session for the The Young Women’s Leadership School of Astoria’s Tech Explorers, a summer program for girls aged 12-17 who are interested in technology. The program aims to provide exposure to technology/coding, graphic design and film-making for female students from underserved communities, and to give them the opportunity to explore New York City’s technology community. These young women have spent the summer developing their own apps, and they used yesterday's session to work with women from across IPG agencies to continue to develop and refine their ideas.
Thirteen women from across IPG agencies volunteered their time to work with thirty-five young women to get their apps to the next stage. The working session included helping the girls with code and design questions and showing them how to get their ideas into a storyboard for the commercials they're creating to advertise their apps.
As a wrap up to their summer program, the young women will be presenting their apps and commercials at Google!
- McCann Health Works to Destigmatize Mental Health - Published on 10/20/2017
- McCann Health & Afghan Ministry of Public Health Partner To Increase Childhood Vaccination Rates - Published on 10/19/2017
- WLN NY Makes Strides Against Breast Cancer - Published on 10/16/2017
- Deutsch LA Partners with Tile to Help Find a Lost Panda - Published on 10/13/2017
- Area 23 and DKMS Partner to Save Lives from Blood Cancer - Published on 10/12/2017
- Media Experts Raises Money for At-Risk Parents - Published on 10/12/2017
- Marathon Motivator - Published on 10/11/2017
- Middle-Earth: Shadow of War - Published on 10/11/2017
- Dress Like a Mom - Published on 10/09/2017
- From Guy Snack to "My Snack" - Published on 10/09/2017