Planet Fitness: New Year's Eve
Planet Fitness, America’s fastest growing gym, wanted to become a leader in their category. But to do so, they needed to move beyond challenging other gyms, and instead take on the judgements of the world. Our idea? The World Judges. We Don’t.
We looked into the brand’s DNA and turned the Judgement Free Zone into a verb by creating a custom thumbs up emoji that would show up in every aspect of the creative; symbolizing that you’re good, we’re all good because Planet Fitness is more than a gym - it’s your judgement-free happy place. Our campaign launched on the fitness world’s Super Bowl - New Year’s Eve, with a complete takeover of Times Square. We aired a :60 second spot with a countdown theme featuring judgement scenarios. We branded stages, billboards, and millions of hats. So when global news outlets showed Times Square, everyone saw Planet Fitness.
We grew Planet Fitness new membership by 67%, crashing the website during our New Year’s promotion due to an eightfold increase in site traffic. January 2017 became their best performing month of all-time with over 1.2MM+ member acquisitions, 700 join attempts per minute, a record-breaking increase of 54% year-over-year at a cost-per-join of 47.5% lesser than the previous year. The campaign generated over 73M media impressions.
- R/GA Tokyo + MUJI Give the Gift of Color - Published on 12/14/2017
- McCann Health & CARE Confront Death by Overdose from Prescription Drugs - Published on 12/14/2017
- McCann and CATHAY PACIFIC BREATHE NEW LIFE INTO OLD UNIFORMS WITH ‘WELL TRAVELLED LAI SEE’ - Published on 12/12/2017
- Holiday Spot From M:United/McCann and Microsoft Focuses on the Power of Kindness and Inclusion - Published on 12/12/2017
- Jack Morton and Royal Caribbean Tell a Story of Innovation - Published on 12/11/2017
- McCann Lima and Calidda Send Message About Air Pollution - Published on 12/07/2017
- Deutsch Staffer Supports Charities Using Tech Skills - Published on 12/01/2017
- McCann and NY Lottery Bring Home Holiday Magic with Bodega Cat - Published on 11/30/2017
- IPG Makes Commitment to charity: water - Published on 11/28/2017
- Ronald McDonald House Honors Al Golin - Published on 11/27/2017