Interpublic Receives Perfect Score on 2018 HRC Corporate Equality Index
IPG received a perfect score of 100 percent on the 2017 Corporate Equality Index (CEI), a national benchmarking survey and report on corporate policies and practices related to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer (LGBTQ) workplace equality, administered by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation. This marks the ninth year IPG has received a perfect score. IPG also received the distinction of "Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality" by HRC.
"In our business, you can’t succeed without being the destination for top talent, and our talent is drawn from people of varying, backgrounds, ages, nationalities, physical abilities, races, gender identity, and sexual orientations - to name but a few of the qualities that make each of us unique,” noted Michael Roth, Chairman and CEO, IPG. “At IPG, we make it a top business priority to protect and celebrate this diversity through our policies, and through the way we treat one another every day. Honors like this one are very important recognitions that we are moving in the right direction in terms of our commitment to diversity and inclusion,” he continued.
The 2018 CEI rated 609 businesses in the report, which evaluates LGBTQ-related policies and practices including non-discrimination workplace protections, domestic partner benefits, transgender-inclusive health care benefits, competency programs and public engagement with the LGBTQ community. IPG’s efforts in satisfying all of the CEI’s criteria resulted in a 100 percent ranking and the designation as a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality.
IPGLBT is IPG's business resource group for our lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender employees. It ensures that LGBTQ employees, consumers and their allies are treated inclusively within IPG, our operating companies, and the work we do for our clients. Throughout the year, IPGLBT offers a range of activities. Recent programs include "Spotlight," a program for Pride Month that showcased IPG agencies’ exceptional creative work in the LGBTQ space, and a PFLAG webinar on the history of the LGBTQ community. IPGLBT is one of six business resource groups at IPG, which also include the Asian Heritage Group (AHG), the Black Employee Network (BEN), SOMOS: the Hispanic/Latino Heritage Group, Women's Leadership Network (WLN) and IPG Women in Technology.
For more information on the 2017 Corporate Equality Index, or to download a free copy of the report, please visit http://www.hrc.org/cei
- IPG Hosts Women’s Breakfast at CES - Published on 01/23/2018
- Deutsch and Taco Bell Launch Web of Fries - Published on 01/23/2018
- McCann Romania Promotes Blood Donations - Published on 01/23/2018
- MullenLowe and Boppy Launch #NeverNotAMom - Published on 01/19/2018
- McCann XBC and Mastercard 'Start Something Priceless' - Published on 01/19/2018
- MullenLowe Launches Work for New Subaru Model - Published on 01/18/2018
- FCB/Six Creates Tool for LGBTQ+ Travelers - Published on 01/18/2018
- DeVries Global and Zippo celebrate the Brand’s 86 years as an Unconventional Canvas - Published on 01/18/2018
- View the charity: water Journey - Published on 01/11/2018
- FCB New Zealand Stresses Importance of Smoke Alarms - Published on 01/11/2018