McCann Serbia/Suicide Prevention
McCann Serbia created a unique OOH campaign to help prevent suicides.
Why Pro Bono?
In Serbia, an average of 1,500 people take their own lives each year, with dozens of them jumping from Belgrade bridges. McCann Serbia was tasked with raising awareness about this huge problem.
McCann Serbia chose to focus on the tallest bridge in Belgrade, Brankos Bridge. Named after a famous poet, Branko Copic, who took his own life by jumping from it, the bridge has become a symbol of suicide in Serbia.
The creative team decided to project a message, "You Are Not Alone," along with the phone number of the Suicide Prevention Office. The message was projected onto the water surface and could only be seen when looking down from the bridge. Because most suicide attempts happen at night, the projected message was best visible during the nighttime hours.
McCann's work for suicide prevention gained a good deal of attention. Five national TV stations, nine major national newspapers and many radio stations and web sites reported on the projection. Many news outlets outside of Serbia carried the story about the projection, which also drew notice on social media sites like Facebook and Twitter.
The second step of the campaign is now underway with many Serbian companies contributing to the cause, donating money to place permanent stickers along Serbians bridges. The stickers will carry the "YOU ARE NOT ALONE" message along with the phone number for the country's Suicide Prevention Office.
- R/GA Tokyo + MUJI Give the Gift of Color - Published on 12/14/2017
- McCann Health & CARE Confront Death by Overdose from Prescription Drugs - Published on 12/14/2017
- McCann and CATHAY PACIFIC BREATHE NEW LIFE INTO OLD UNIFORMS WITH ‘WELL TRAVELLED LAI SEE’ - Published on 12/12/2017
- Holiday Spot From M:United/McCann and Microsoft Focuses on the Power of Kindness and Inclusion - Published on 12/12/2017
- Jack Morton and Royal Caribbean Tell a Story of Innovation - Published on 12/11/2017
- McCann Lima and Calidda Send Message About Air Pollution - Published on 12/07/2017
- Deutsch Staffer Supports Charities Using Tech Skills - Published on 12/01/2017
- McCann and NY Lottery Bring Home Holiday Magic with Bodega Cat - Published on 11/30/2017
- IPG Makes Commitment to charity: water - Published on 11/28/2017
- Ronald McDonald House Honors Al Golin - Published on 11/27/2017