R/GA/That's Not Cool
R/GA creates groundbreaking multimedia campaign to raise awareness among teens about digital dating abuse.
Why Pro Bono?
To raise awareness among teens about digital dating abuse.
Pressure for nude pics. Harassing text messages. Constant phone calls. Breaking into Facebook and MySpace accounts. Teen dating has moved into the digital world and abuse has followed.
R/GA teamed up with The Ad Council, Family Violence Prevention Fund and the Office on Violence Against Women to create That's Not Cool, a groundbreaking multimedia campaign in the U.S. designed to raise awareness among teens about digital dating abuse. Instead of preaching to teens, the campaign encourages dialogue. It invites teens to help define the issue and provides information on how to prevent it.
Centered on the website, ThatsNotCool.com, the integrated effort spans TV, radio, out of home, online advertising, and social media channels, including Facebook and YouTube. Since mobile devices are a huge aspect of teen life, the campaign's mobile site is an integral component to spreading awareness.
“That’s Not Cool” marks the first time The Ad Council chose a digital agency as agency of record. From January 5-April 8, 2009, website visits exceeded 300,000, significantly surpassing traffic typically seen on other Ad Council teen-targeted websites. The campaign was also profiled by top-tier press, including The New York Times, Chicago Tribune and NBC’s “Today” show.
- McCann Health Works to Destigmatize Mental Health - Published on 10/20/2017
- McCann Health & Afghan Ministry of Public Health Partner To Increase Childhood Vaccination Rates - Published on 10/19/2017
- WLN NY Makes Strides Against Breast Cancer - Published on 10/16/2017
- Deutsch LA Partners with Tile to Help Find a Lost Panda - Published on 10/13/2017
- Area 23 and DKMS Partner to Save Lives from Blood Cancer - Published on 10/12/2017
- Media Experts Raises Money for At-Risk Parents - Published on 10/12/2017
- Marathon Motivator - Published on 10/11/2017
- Middle-Earth: Shadow of War - Published on 10/11/2017
- Dress Like a Mom - Published on 10/09/2017
- From Guy Snack to "My Snack" - Published on 10/09/2017