McCann Rome/World Hunger
McCann Rome created a campaign to raise awareness about the growing problem of world hunger.
Why Pro Bono?
Every six seconds a child dies from starvation. With hunger still a massive problem affecting all areas of the world, the number of people living in chronic hunger is reaching an unfathomable number: one billion.
FAO, the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, wants to draw the world's attention to the issue of hunger and starvation and push politicians to action. The FAO is planning to deliver an anti-hunger petition with one million signatures to world leaders during an official ceremony in December.
McCann Rome developed a bold and emotional worldwide campaign based upon a simple concept: everyone should get angry about the size and scope of the world's hunger problem and should act on that anger. I'm Mad As Hell is the claim that gives voice to this feeling and a yellow whistle is its tangible extension.
With the support of British actor Jeremy Irons for its TV execution, the campaign also spreads across all media including print, outdoor, internet, mobile, events, guerrilla merchandising, PR and soon, a Facebook application.
Despite its close-to-zero media budget, the campaign has had significant worldwide media coverage. Communities, celebrities and politicians are supporting the project and one million signatures have been collected for the petition!
- McCann and CATHAY PACIFIC BREATHE NEW LIFE INTO OLD UNIFORMS WITH ‘WELL TRAVELLED LAI SEE’ - Published on 12/12/2017
- Holiday Spot From M:United/McCann and Microsoft Focuses on the Power of Kindness and Inclusion - Published on 12/12/2017
- Jack Morton and Royal Caribbean Tell a Story of Innovation - Published on 12/11/2017
- McCann Lima and Calidda Send Message About Air Pollution - Published on 12/07/2017
- Deutsch Staffer Supports Charities Using Tech Skills - Published on 12/01/2017
- McCann and NY Lottery Bring Home Holiday Magic with Bodega Cat - Published on 11/30/2017
- IPG Makes Commitment to charity: water - Published on 11/28/2017
- Ronald McDonald House Honors Al Golin - Published on 11/27/2017
- McCann Torre Lazur Acts on Suicide Prevention - Published on 11/21/2017
- Campbell Ewald and Milk Partner in Olympics TV Ads - Published on 11/16/2017