Weber Shandwick Oxfam
Weber Shandwick and Oxfam create online campaign where individuals express how they believe poverty should be fought.
Why Pro Bono?
To fight global poverty and demand that governments keep their promise to halve poverty by 2015.
In My Name was The Global Call to Action against Poverty's (GCAP) global campaign to challenge world citizens to exercise their power to fight global poverty and demand that governments keep their promise to halve poverty by 2015.
This exclusively online-driven campaign asked citizens around the world to share In My Name pledges on what they'd like their government to do to help fight poverty and hold their local and national leaders accountable for their poverty promises.
Will.i.am created a compelling music video called In My Name, with help from dozens of celebrities who creatively shared their In My Name pledges. This included everything from Fergie spray painting her name graffiti-style to Kristin Davis writing her name in lipstick on a mirror. An exclusive YouTube partnership and broadcast exclusive with MTV Worldwide premiered the video to hundreds of thousands of consumers around the globe.
The campaign launched during the UN Summit in New York City with international leaders and influential celebrities including UN Secretary General Ban Ki Moon, Queen Rania of Jordon, Bono, Kristin Davis, Will.i.am and Elle Macpherson.
Weber Shandwick offices around the world worked with GCAP and Oxfam to provide strategic counsel and recommendations to support the launch. In the United States, Weber Shandwick helped Oxfam form its exclusive partnership with MTV and also lent critical expertise on the ground support at the U.N. media and consumer event in New York City.
The work resulted in international media coverage in outlets like Associated Press, E! Online, People.com, The Huffington Post and Brandweek. Overall, the campaign secured more than one million media impressions and nearly one million people have viewed the video on YouTube to-date.
- McCann Lima and Calidda Send Message About Air Pollution - Published on 12/07/2017
- Deutsch Staffer Supports Charities Using Tech Skills - Published on 12/01/2017
- McCann and NY Lottery Bring Home Holiday Magic with Bodega Cat - Published on 11/30/2017
- IPG Makes Commitment to charity: water - Published on 11/28/2017
- Ronald McDonald House Honors Al Golin - Published on 11/27/2017
- McCann Torre Lazur Acts on Suicide Prevention - Published on 11/21/2017
- Campbell Ewald and Milk Partner in Olympics TV Ads - Published on 11/16/2017
- IPG Volunteers Serve Meals to the Elderly - Published on 11/15/2017
- McCann Global Health Joins Clean Cooking Champions - Published on 11/15/2017
- FCB Ulka and Times of India Move from Division to Inclusivity - Published on 11/14/2017