"Too Late" PSA
Deutsch worked with Champions Against Bullying to create a powerful PSA promoting the importance of speaking up against bullying.
Why Pro Bono?
The epidemic of bullying is prevalent across the United States, but it can be stopped. Deutsch partnered with Champions Against Bullying – one of the oldest international nonprofit organizations committed to raising awareness and taking the steps necessary to help prevent the bullying epidemic – by creating a powerful PSA, reminding teens to have the strength to speak up, before it’s too late.
The brief was simple: As we visited the social media pages of
cyber-bullying targets who took their own lives, we kept seeing
an outpouring of positive messages posted onto their pages and realized that if some of this positivity had come out earlier, things might have turned out differently.
We set out to make a video to help teens understand that speaking up earlier matters, and to let victims know that even if they aren’t getting the support they need, that doesn’t mean the support doesn’t exist. We strongly believed that only real posts left on bullied teenagers’ social media could deliver the proper emotional impact – so we compiled messages from these social media pages and filmed teens reading them.
In the end, a powerful PSA with an important and emotional
message was brought to life – bullying can be stopped.
It’s real and it’s raw. The key takeaway – don’t let it be “too late,”
we can put a stop to bullying now.
An impactful PSA was created using teens reading real posts left on bullied teens’ social media sites, reminding people at the end of the spot to “Be nice. Now.” The results so far:
- 500,000+ video views of the PSA
- 45,000+ social media impressions
- IPG Hosts Women’s Breakfast at CES - Published on 01/23/2018
- Deutsch and Taco Bell Launch Web of Fries - Published on 01/23/2018
- McCann Romania Promotes Blood Donations - Published on 01/23/2018
- MullenLowe and Boppy Launch #NeverNotAMom - Published on 01/19/2018
- McCann XBC and Mastercard 'Start Something Priceless' - Published on 01/19/2018
- MullenLowe Launches Work for New Subaru Model - Published on 01/18/2018
- FCB/Six Creates Tool for LGBTQ+ Travelers - Published on 01/18/2018
- DeVries Global and Zippo celebrate the Brand’s 86 years as an Unconventional Canvas - Published on 01/18/2018
- View the charity: water Journey - Published on 01/11/2018
- FCB New Zealand Stresses Importance of Smoke Alarms - Published on 01/11/2018