Tapping the Power of Emerging Media to Capture the Millennial Mindset
By its very name, Hanes Hosiery was not relevant to the younger generation of women. However, leveraging fashion influencers and pushing content through strategic social channels, the brand has been redefined in the eyes of today's millennial women.
Although a known name among older women, consumers under 40 had little to no perception of Hanes Hosiery. The brand needed to make an impact on younger consumers, namely Millennials, by transforming perception of hosiery as an outdated mandate to a key wardrobe accessory, without alienating an older base.
Qualitative research and quantitative analysis conducted by our team showed that hosiery brands were underutilizing social media, a key tool used by the target and that the category needed to win over – fashion-forward, trend-setting Millennials. By leading the social style conversation, Hanes Hosiery could position itself as a category leader, driving legwear trends and in turn solidifying its products as fashion must-haves.
To gain leadership in the social space, we needed to get the product out of the packaging and into the hands of influential fashionistas. We empowered key influencers to incorporate Hanes Hosiery products into their personal style, encouraging them to share their looks with their social networks and in turn get opportunities to serve as brand ambassadors. From blog mentions to repping the brand at NY Fashion Week, the influencers upped Hanes Hosiery fashion cred and in turn we promoted their personal brands. We regularly featured the influencers on the brand’s social pages, made them the personality behind style and fit tools and consistently gave them the content and product samples to drive their social followers to purchase. We also engaged with everyday women in the social space through sampling programs, sweepstakes and content, galvanizing a whole generation of brand enthusiasts.
- Over 169,000 Facebook likes, thousands of Twitter followers and leads the category on Pinterest
- 400MM organic impressions in the online space, including thousands of positive product reviews and brand mentions by top fashionistas on prominent style blogs and websites
- Key products have sold out at national retailers
- Year over year the brand’s positive sentiment has increased. In 2013, Hanes Hosiery led the category with positive sentiment of 92%, beating out category heavyweight Spanx.
- McCann Health Works to Destigmatize Mental Health - Published on 10/20/2017
- McCann Health & Afghan Ministry of Public Health Partner To Increase Childhood Vaccination Rates - Published on 10/19/2017
- WLN NY Makes Strides Against Breast Cancer - Published on 10/16/2017
- Deutsch LA Partners with Tile to Help Find a Lost Panda - Published on 10/13/2017
- Area 23 and DKMS Partner to Save Lives from Blood Cancer - Published on 10/12/2017
- Media Experts Raises Money for At-Risk Parents - Published on 10/12/2017
- Marathon Motivator - Published on 10/11/2017
- Middle-Earth: Shadow of War - Published on 10/11/2017
- Dress Like a Mom - Published on 10/09/2017
- From Guy Snack to "My Snack" - Published on 10/09/2017